Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going backwards for a time.
Got Smart - Sorry they wouldnt take your cat. I find dogs to be more “intrusive” to a house than cats unless it’s a scratcher.  

Most people with animal fur allergies can’t deal well with either one. My brother had to coexist with 2 cats for over 17 years, he sneezed and had hay fever like symptoms daily. Now that both are gone he’s much better.

I still plan on getting out so won’t be a stranger, just won’t have great new product info or experiences to write about. Maybe I can provide some Prius longevity data or something...

TWIH
They say when you get older two things happen, one is you lose your memory and the other, I forget.

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of smart?
Living with family is a blessing and something to be treasured. My brother and I moved in with our parents when they started aging and life was great. We all helped out with the housework, shopping, bills and doctor visits. We kept our parents company and we'd like to hope that we gave them a better quality of life in their old age. I miss living that way of life and miss the company and the family bond and companionship. I miss doing everything with my family. If i could go back in time and have that all over again I wouldn't skip a heartbeat doing it. And yes blood is thicker than water only if the family is a loving one.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Anna for this post:
  • TWIH (07-27-2018)
I think I'd rather deal with a pissed off hyena than have to make nice with my family. Wife excluded of course but sometimes......
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • Xanthorhizas (07-26-2018), heron (07-27-2018)
This is not going to be a good deal in the long-term but it will give you time to find a HUD senior apartment in that area.
(07-26-2018, 07:30 AM)Mr.LooRead Wrote: This is not going to be a good deal in the long-term but it will give you time to find a HUD senior apartment in that area.

Gee Louie, I did not see where that was ever an option. 

Livening with family has worked for tens of thousands of years. Debby Downer, man. I guess you don’t have grandkids 

A chance to build up the reserves and research the gadgets always works out. 

In my case Tigger refuse to be picked up by the tail and defended himself. He does not like those kids.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • heron (07-27-2018)
(07-26-2018, 09:24 AM)GotSmart Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 07:30 AM)Mr.LooRead Wrote: This is not going to be a good deal in the long-term but it will give you time to find a HUD senior apartment in that area.

Gee Louie, I did not see where that was ever an option. 

Get a life and stop stalking me.
Thanks for the laugh.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
Well actually I only have till sonetime in 2020 with them as they are moving by then out of country and I wont be going along. He’s military...

Thats ok as I will likely be wanting to either find a large shed or a van to move back into.
They say when you get older two things happen, one is you lose your memory and the other, I forget.

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of smart?
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to TWIH for this post:
  • heron (07-27-2018), AbuelaLoca (07-27-2018)
Well, Mr.LooRead, I do think it's pretty presumptuous to assume that it can't work out for him, especially since it's his kid's idea, and something that family seems to really want. As Anna has shown, it's an arrangement that can work out wonderfully well. And since TWIH is going to do it (whether you or I ever could, in a million years), it seems to me that it's only fair to wish him well, and not rain on his parade.
One gloriously stinkin' badge.
ROOIRIA
FULL MONTY!!!!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to heron for this post:
  • GotSmart (07-27-2018), Putts (07-31-2018)
(07-25-2018, 10:17 AM)TWIH Wrote:     Sorry its sideways.

Oh, what a sweetie. He's going to drive you nuts and give you the best time!
One gloriously stinkin' badge.
ROOIRIA
FULL MONTY!!!!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to heron for this post:
  • TWIH (07-27-2018)