Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miles..... :( oregon
(10-18-2018, 09:22 AM)MN C Van Wrote: You have the FSM (Factory Service Manual)! That's pretty awesome!
+1

First time I saw it/him, the window setup struck me as ideal for bird/wildlife watching, yet it has full curtains, so when I need to, I can go into total sensory stealth mode. Smile

Update:
Still no insurance quote, just dribbles.
No info from their corporate office about the "salvage title" on my current car.
They're batting 100. :\
I'm leaving the motel for the weekend (Noisies descending!), and will be at my storage unit, but Monday will try a different insurer, to at least get a quote. And I'll phone the state level DMV to find out who was supposed to send me the salvage title. Fun, not. Sad

Any insurance suggestions are welcome.
The guy I'm currently waiting on was mentioned at the "other" forum, but he comes across as slow & techno-illiterate.

To end on an up note: I've finished reading your Build thread. Smile
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, "Serenity", Firefly

Update:
Still broken down, still looking for trustworthy shop to do repair, contract gig closed.
Thanks for your support! Smile
Any military in your family?

USAA is the bomb, IF you can get in.
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to MN C Van for this post:
  • GotSmart (10-19-2018), Kaylee (10-19-2018)
(10-19-2018, 06:44 AM)MN C Van Wrote: Any military in your family?

USAA is the bomb, IF you can get in.

Yup, me (Air Reserves (never deployed)), plus both my parents (Korean War - they met in college, both funded by the GI Bill... not many can say that!). Smile

How are they, in terms of full-time Nomads?
Thanks for the suggestion, MN C Van - I've long heard of them, but didn't know they might be an option.

I do have an "interesting" legal theory about my personal Residency status, but it hasn't yet been stress tested, so I don't know if it will hold up (a relative who was a lawyer approved of it, but who knows what the wacky state level system will decide).

P.S.  GypsyDogs came up with a brilliant solution to one of the outstanding issues, so insurance is the biggest thing outstanding.
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, "Serenity", Firefly

Update:
Still broken down, still looking for trustworthy shop to do repair, contract gig closed.
USAA is great. All you need is an address. 

Tell them you will be on the road for long terms so you can use the banking services. One phone number takes care of it all. When you put down that blue USAA card in a store or a cop sees it in your wallet ~~~. You are treated nicer.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Kaylee (10-23-2018)
Still working on details and universal alignment...
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,  
probably cursed 

[Image: AIDog_Line_Sm_Teal_GD.png]
I am the Ear-Wormer with a Stinkin' Badge 
"it's Beige.."
and thanks for the USAA lead.. may/will come in handy
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,  
probably cursed 

[Image: AIDog_Line_Sm_Teal_GD.png]
I am the Ear-Wormer with a Stinkin' Badge 
"it's Beige.."
Slept in it last night. Smile
Spending today "living" in it.

Two notes:
1. It's bigger on the inside.
2. I've been informed that I am now officially a member of the yotes pack. Wink

Update:
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Kaylee for this post:
  • GotSmart (11-25-2018), GypsyDogs (11-25-2018), Snikwahjm (11-25-2018)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVIbCvfkO3E

You've been bit by the van bug.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

Are you going to keep the same name or rechristen it?
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
Half and half. Smile

Fawkes Irving, or "FI" for short. Smile

Fawkes as in the Phoenix in the Harry Potter series (cuz Dobby just doesn't feel right for naming a van, plus this will be me rising from ashes), and Irving to honor Anna's old friend and her Good Work. Smile

Update: