Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miles..... :( oregon
Oh man.. no, not yet..  (and I LOATHE Craigslist as a seller.. many many Bad experiences..)
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,  
probably cursed 

[Image: AIDog_Line_Sm_Teal_GD.png]
just one Stinkin' Badge 

"it's Beige.."
Did u put it on the other forum also?
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • GypsyDogs (08-16-2018)
Miles Irving

1987 Dodge B250, 318, 2bbl Holley- Conversion van - so, power windows, swivel seats, sliders w/ screens !, insulation, alarm, basement.
Near New tires (good for hwy and gravel road stuff..) Recent carb (+2 extra carb bodies for the bench) Recent paint.
Extras: belts/hoses, manual fuel pump, spark plugs, egr valve & gasket, ignition switch (under dash one, not turn-key), timing light, etc..

What I've done..
stripped interior.  Plugged bolt holes with MarineTec. New plywood flooring with lino and edging. Maintained table insert funtionality.
Added Fantastic Fan 1250  with proper weather proofing (butyl tape And Eternabond), and rain hood
Bed Frame - (with evap holes) currently half queen e/w can be made into full queen n/s with another piece of ply and a leg (battery box designed to be bed support on one side) frame is crash mounted to van body and allows standard milk crate stowage below.

Window curtains - side curtain rods are fiberglass (light, flexible, and uv/heat resistant) all curtains go with van.  Square windows have snaps and semi-rigid deflappers - roll for easy stowage in pull tabs.

Interior designed to maximize floor space and storage. 
Kitchenette - crash mounted to van.  Folding shelf at side barn doors for in/out cooking. lower shelf fits standard fabric storage cubes and has anti-slide.

Solar-  (cherry picked by AMSolar custom for the van) Blue Sky 2500 series Charge controller paired with Blue Sky IPN pro remote. 200 w on the roof, with 8ga mc4 through proper roof gland box (again.. weather), down to controller. Temp sensor, shunt, fuses, bus bar, 2 12v ports (with plenty of room for more) 2 85ah agm batteries.  All but remote in custom battery box (makes a nice seat as well)

$6000 with Dometic fridge ( 35 cfx  ) $5500 without
probably cursed 

just one Stinkin' Badge 

"it's Beige.."
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
  • heron (08-16-2018), Kaylee (08-21-2018)
That work for ya Kaylee?
and, no Cammy, I haven't yet
probably cursed 

just one Stinkin' Badge 

"it's Beige.."
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
  • Kaylee (08-21-2018)
ok.. on Other forum too now
probably cursed 

just one Stinkin' Badge 

"it's Beige.."
And

Dogs not included...
probably cursed 

just one Stinkin' Badge 

"it's Beige.."
Nice work. Hope you get every penny you're asking.
One gloriously stinkin' badge.
ROOIRIA
FULL MONTY!!!!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to heron for this post:
  • GypsyDogs (08-16-2018)
What a great looking van, I don't think you'll have much trouble selling her on the West coast.

My best advice for selling on Craigslist is to only allow people to respond by calling you. Emails in my experience are 90% tire kickers and scammers and it's hard weeding out the legit buyers from the time wasters. The only bad callers i get by requiring all communication do be done via telephone is 3rd party people wanting to list my ad on their classifieds for a fee......like autotrader or another car for sale classifieds similar to that. To which my reply is always the same.....why would I pay you to sell it for me when I can sell it myself on Craigslist for free?

When posting the ads on Craigslist there's a box you can check to disable email correspondences and where you input a phone number instead.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Everyroadleadshome for this post:
  • GypsyDogs (08-20-2018)
yeah , I know, ERLH, there in lies the problem.  I've had heinous experiences with phone callers calling 24/7 After I declined their 10% of my asking price- offers... with belligerent jerks screaming at me "Have you Had any other Offers?  Your ad Says 'Or best offer' so you Have to take my price." followed by profanity and texts and emails and more calls at 3am... Nope- not doing it.
probably cursed 

just one Stinkin' Badge 

"it's Beige.."
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
  • heron (08-24-2018)
(08-16-2018, 08:16 AM)GypsyDogs Wrote: And

Dogs not included...

Deal breaker...

just kidding - you know you wanted somebody to say that. Wink

The van is intriguing.
What's the mileage?
Roughly what sort of boondocking have you done in it?

My sympathies on Craigslist. Their original idea was great, but they just Do Not Grok Abuse/Security. Sad
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly
[Image: dobby.png]