Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shuttle Bussin', Bitchin', and Grinnin'. Let's Get it on !!
Great David! Thanks for showing it all to us from the beginning. I would sure be thinking about keeping that rear AC unit for reasons Scott stated. Plus you open a can of worms if you cut the refrigerant lines to remove it.
I hope you are having a great visit with your mom.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to S Cello for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-30-2018)
(06-30-2018, 01:40 PM)S Cello Wrote: Great David! Thanks for showing it all to us from the beginning. I would sure be thinking about keeping that rear AC unit for reasons Scott stated. Plus you open a can of worms if you cut the refrigerant lines to remove it.
I hope you are having a great visit with your mom.
Thank you Cello !! Good visit so far.
#NomadLivesMatter  
(06-29-2018, 08:49 PM)bLEEp Wrote: Welcome aboard!!!
And welcome to loving shuttle busses.
[Image: f661f287b4c07ccb7c5f4312919fc38a.jpg]
This is Bertha, a 2000 28’ Ford E450 Triton v10 Krystal body. I am loving that there will be another shuttle on these boards.  If you need ANYTHING AT ALL... contact me please.  I have been living in Bertha full time just a little over a year.  If you PM me I will give you my phone number so we can text each other.
I would be honored to pass on all of the help and knowledge I have gained from my experience so far.
Lots of love from the Bertha crew.
The bLEEps
Aka: Arik - Toni - and Molly Wolly Doodle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're knowledge and experience will be put to good use I promise..Thank you Bleep Crew !!
#NomadLivesMatter  
(06-30-2018, 06:50 AM)Anna Wrote: American Nomad that's pretty cool, can't wait to see the end result.
Thank you Anna for coming along for the ride !! Stay tuned.  David
#NomadLivesMatter  
(06-30-2018, 09:00 AM)Matlock Wrote: Great bones to start with. Do keep us curious photo voyeurs up to date.
In my opinion, It's the journey that matters most and the built process brings the first smile of many.

Richard

I am a creative person who likes to build things. But have to admit tearing stuff up is for fun. LOL . I hope I get to use ideas and advice from everyone here so that everyone will be a part of it in one way or another. Thank you Richard for following along !!
#NomadLivesMatter  
(06-30-2018, 11:14 AM)Scott7022 Wrote: Awesome got to love a completely virgin build thread. Why yank the A/C if it works? Just my 2cents. Sometimes A/C is not a luxury. Make a nice cover box and keep it for the four flats on the road in 102 and 99% humidity while you were going to elevation to stay cool.

Scott...your 2 cents and everyone else's is welcomed with open mind and open arms. That a good point. I do plan to have a generator with electric remote start. I might leave it until I get that part installed. I can always cover up the hole later. But its right over where I plan to put my bed that will be lifted 3 foot above floor. Hmmmm....
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • heron (06-30-2018)
I got some rust spots on the exterior to attack first thing Monday morning. 
Only one spot goes through. Already got the tools and material to fix them. I will be doing a complete 100% seam seal and/or re-seal as I go along. 
[Image: Vb3DTaYm.jpg]
[Image: 7T7t5Xem.jpg]
[Image: vKmYDRUm.jpg]
#NomadLivesMatter  
Ah, David, you're a lucky man! This is going to be fun! (Infuriating, boring, frustrating, exhausting, thrilling) Looking forward to watching your journey. Jealous!
One gloriously stinkin' badge. 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to heron for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (07-01-2018)
Tomorrow morning will be attacking it again. This time with help. I also have to address new brake pads on the front end of the truck I drive now.  Then figure out how the heck I'm going to get this propane tank out from under my F150. It is full of propane.  Which will be reinstalled under the bus. Anybody ever done this?  The F150 was set up to run on gasoline or propane. So I have the entire working system. But at the moment I'm just going to use it for cooking/heating etc.  

[Image: jF4w0b3m.jpg]
[Image: uozsX6Nm.jpg]
#NomadLivesMatter  
Do you know (calculate) what the weight of the tank is now (tank + contents)?
I've dealt with building/moving/repair of various tank sizes and contents.
Consider the cost of contents Vs manhandling the extra weight. Might be worth looking into emptying the tank.
Make sure you will be able to clear the undercarriage of the F150 after you have the tank and it's mounting brackets disconnected and dropped onto a dolly.
An extra set of hands is recommended.
Just my 2¢

Richard
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Matlock for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (07-04-2018), daonacetpi1969 (07-07-2018)