Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New ZTE
Well, after much research I found that ATT is still offering the ZTE..but..registered to your new vehicle

You have to provide the vehicle VIN when you try to purchase.   

So, I got the ZTE vm6200 back from repairs.   Now.the issue is that the new ZTE had a firmware update...they removed the option in admin to set the timeout to never.  The option is gone.   So, it times out on me.   I am going to talk to them about this.    Imagine you were using it to keep the kids quiet with a movie..and bang..it goes out.  Or, you use it for google maps..and while driving your navigator quits.   This seems like a self-inflicted problem.  

So..if you get a new one from ATT...this is what you must deal with.  ZTE says they cannot sell them directly..only thru ATT
1989 Honeywell motorhome
Ford E350 chassis.  460 engine
Not really sure exactly what it is-
But first post when I was trying to figure it out was
Quote:5.0 out of 5 starsGot the device, brought it to an ATT store ...
ByRubberDuckyon August 2, 2017
Verified Purchase
Got the device, brought it to an ATT store and got set up with the Connected Car plan no problem. I can confirm that the firmware was updated to disable the timeout and allow up to 10 connected devices.

https://www.amazon.com/ZTE-VM6200-Mobley...B0728FLZHD
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MN C Van for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-29-2018)
After spending hours on the phone with car mobility tech support with ATT...this is the result....

The fix dated January 2018 changed this. The option of “never” was put back.

So, now I just need to get the over the air update. BUT...I just got a replacement for the ZTE device..the serial number doesn’t match my original purchase...so, I have to wait till Monday to get the accounts people to update the account so that it can be set to download.
1989 Honeywell motorhome
Firmware update was finally done. The time out option was reinstated with this...

The option under advance setting now says...No Timeout.
1989 Honeywell motorhome
Funny how these little things end up being harder than, like, rebuilding your cars transmission.
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else