Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold start
New fuel pump installed yesterday. For whatever it is worth, the beast started first try this morning.

I discovered a leaking heater core, so once I added more radiator fluid and replaced the hose that connects it, I had to start it to see. Starts fine. Looks like it is the heater core and not the hose.

I wonder if I can drive this 5 miles to the mechanic....it seems like it leaks only after the engine heats up... or is it that I am not seeing the leak till then, but it is still leaking below?

1989 Honeywell motorhome
Ford E350 chassis.  460 engine
you can bypass the heater core,disconnect one hose from the heater core then connect it to where the other one goes to the engine

some have a inline shutoff valve
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc stickers
yarc stickers pirate edition
General Motors makes a great stop leak for cooling systems. When I worked at a Chevrolet dealer we sold lots of it to shops in town. You might try these to fix the leak. Call local GM dealers and ask if they have them.

Amazon link to the tabs

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-GM-123782...B000QIH3C4
Thanks rafting....but, this leak is more on the order of a gusher.
I mean, it was pouring out.

I am trying to figure out what is the best manufacturer for a new heater core.

1989 Honeywell motorhome
Ford E350 chassis.  460 engine
Most auto parts places have them for cheap
Making this country better with every generation. 
Yeah, the heater core won't dent the budget much but getting it in and out might take some doing. I've seen them replaced from under the hood all the way to having to take the entire dash out to get to it. I'd bypass it temporary like Gary suggested until I could get it all figured out on cost and how long if you can't do the work yourself. I'm fortunate on my pickup as I only have to replace the blend door actuator. Relatively simple task if I could only get the time.
MORATTA LESSRATTA  OFFICIAL YARC

I found rainwater would enter my passenger side floor under dash because of a crappy attachment method of the Hvac box, and the fact that dodge seemed to think rainwater running underhood and down firewall was a good thing.

I made some deflectors so the water drips off, instead of running down the firewall.