Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juanita the '93 Club Wagon
OP can u find a newer used one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (10-19-2017)
if torque conv wasn't in pimp tangs, there'd a been catastrophe in immoderate order.

There's pressure tests to diagnose precise problem. So, you could ask for flat rate to repair just that.

My guess is 90% of vehicle are in junkyard because of bad trans.
I knew a shop that installed three audi 3.2s before they got a good one... LoL

You could get one, fix, then install.
Local u pull prices

Quote:TRANSMISSION W/WAR
$99.00

TRANSMISSION AS-IS NO WARRANTY
$66.00

Guess kit is $120 - but it's been years. Trans fluid not burnt, you could reuse your torque conv, dunno what they are exchange, probably about same
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MN C Van for this post:
I have a '93 E150 and it has the E4OD which has electronic control. When I first bought it, it had run fine for several days but one day after checking the fluids and changing the filters, I got a CEL and it started missing out badly. Also, the trans started shifting really hard & jerky and I thought for sure I had major problems. It was only a couple of miles to get it home and I parked it. The next day I bought a Ford OBD1 scanner and it showed a 128 code--- "MAP sensor vacuum hose damaged or disconnected". I found the MAP sensor and sure enough, a vac hose was off. The placement of the trans dipstick is right by a vacuum junction block and I had knocked off the hose when I checked the fluid. Ran fine after I replaced the hose with 1/4" fuel line.

Belinda, find someone who knows how to diagnose your problem because it might not actually be the trans. I agree that your neighbor might have botched the reinstallation as there are several electrical connections and probably linkage adustments that have to be right.

Ian

PS: Check your insurance coverage and see if you have emergency towing included.
"Life is what happens while you're making other plans"
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to slowdayz for this post:
(10-19-2017, 12:18 AM)VivoEnMiFurgoneta Wrote: The van has 76,000 miles on it. The $1900 includes labor for a rebuild. The transmission is an AOD or something?  It has a sensor so I'm guessing it's obd1. The check engine light came on the day the seal failed but not before that. I do have other options to consider but they all include shops!! I also have to figure out how to get her to a shop! Towing around here is crazy expensive! None of it matters until I have cash in hand anyway, so drinking will come first.

it needs to go to a shop for a professional to check it out and do a diagnostic,it very well could be a bad connection or bad solenoid.at 76k it should be good
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
(10-19-2017, 09:37 AM)Gary Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 12:18 AM)VivoEnMiFurgoneta Wrote: The van has 76,000 miles on it. The $1900 includes labor for a rebuild. The transmission is an AOD or something?  It has a sensor so I'm guessing it's obd1. The check engine light came on the day the seal failed but not before that. I do have other options to consider but they all include shops!! I also have to figure out how to get her to a shop! Towing around here is crazy expensive! None of it matters until I have cash in hand anyway, so drinking will come first.

it needs to go to a shop for a professional to check it out and do a diagnostic,it very well could be a bad connection or bad solenoid.at 76k it should be good

I agree. The transmission should not have gone out with only 76,000 on it.
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ballenxj for this post:
Yup! To the shop she'll go! I'll start cleaning her out next week, a little at a time, and hopefully getting the floor completed before the first snow. After OP posted the link to "Converting a 1999 Ford E-250...", I've decided I like the idea of Bondo for the thousand and one holes I have on the floor of the van! If I can get the insulation and plywood floor down before the deep freeze hits, I'll be tickled pink!!
viajes seguros
i just talk to HDR and he confirmed that a leaky seal would not set off a code,the fluid could of splashed on something that could of set off a code,so to the shop and have codes pulled and diagnostics done and get back to us

operation,get belinda to rtr is in full effect
hdr also would like you to stop by crvl and say hi,he misses crazy grandma
Oh Lawdy... you better start me a gofundme account with the bLEEps!! Seriously, though, will I get charged for it? Also, if I take it to a shop and they pull it apart to tell me what's wrong and I decide not to let them do the work, don't I have to pay again for moving it and etc...????? These are the decisions that put me in analysis paralysis!
viajes seguros
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to AbuelaLoca for this post:
  • Justacarsofar (10-19-2017)
Well, I agree that 76,000 miles is kinda low for transmission trouble.

On the other hand, we ARE talking about a 24 year old vehicle here, and we've no idea if previous owners took good care of it or abused it.  Maybe they pulled heavy trailers and didn't bother to put a cooler on it.

I don't know who you took it to, but was me, I'd definitely get a second opinion, and maybe two or three estimates.  And you should be dealing with a transmission place, and not a general mechanic.
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Optimistic Paranoid for this post: