Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piggyback spade connector
(06-15-2018, 08:30 AM)Motrukdriver Wrote: I really hate when things go pop... that's the sound of a bad day about to happen.

The pop is the sound of safety happening. Better a fuse than a system.
Please don’t feed the trolls 
Stern an GS, thanks for the info and pics.

A pop from chafed wiring can happen easily, bumping along at 70 mph. I'm usually wishing I'd run everything prior to the build, would have made all this so much easier.

Course, where's the fun in that. I mean I'd have to have you know, a plan....

Edit...Wow, where did this huge text come from?
I find that buying high quality stereo wire is cheaper than single strand and it is also bundled  Look at the wire running into the box in the last picture. I build a box then wire the components as needed. Wire chanels are easy to make. The flex ones are easy to hide.
(06-15-2018, 10:23 AM)GotSmart Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 08:30 AM)Motrukdriver Wrote: I really hate when things go pop... that's the sound of a bad day about to happen.

The pop is the sound of safety happening. Better a fuse than a system.
I'll take pop over ghost smoke any day.
#NomadLivesMatter  
(06-15-2018, 05:54 PM)American Nomad Patriot Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 10:23 AM)GotSmart Wrote:

The pop is the sound of safety happening. Better a fuse than a system.anamiture. 
I'll take pop over ghost smoke any day.
Or open flame.  There is a member on Bobs forum that set his van on fire twice. Pm me if you want the information on looking up his posts. The there is the couple hundred that have been removed. What is left makes Popeye look like an amateur
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-16-2018)
(06-15-2018, 10:23 AM)GotSmart Wrote: The pop is the sound of safety happening. Better a fuse than a system.

Then you gotta go and find why the pop happened.  That's when the fun begins.
Traveling.  It leaves you speechless and then turns you into a storyteller.

Yeah, finding the real problem is the trick.  As a contractor doing home repair, I have sometimes spent hours tracking an electrical problem in house wiring, then fixed it in five minutes--once I found it.  Many electricians do not even bother to find the actual problem--they just re-wire the whole circuit (with whatever it takes to repair walls, etc. ending up costing as much as tracing the original problem).  But you don't know going in if it will take an hour or eight hours to locate the issue.  Sometimes it can be a loose wire nut, sometimes it can be damaged or deteriorated wire insulation, especially on the old wire with fabric insulation--the new wire with plastic insulation is much better.  But even then mice and rats will gnaw the cables and give you fits.
It don’t do them any good either Big Grin  Last month I had a critter eat the 110 line to the washer. I called in the electrician and one hour to pull a fresh line. I gave him a hand so no second man charge or waiting time for the helper. 

The tenant was amazed at the 4 day repair time. (Weekend). Her last landlord would wait a month.