Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROCKET STOVES
LOL!

Yeah, the Pinto Tank comes to mind! LOL!

Same reason you can put an 85-gallon diesel tank in a long WB ford but not in a Gasser of the same wheelbase.
I was referring to hanging LP tanks off bumpers. Liquid to a gas at 85 degrees expansion is a pretty good oven. 1-gallon propane = 36 cubic feet propane. That is at minimum temperature. Warm it up and well it isn't a real good day considering at that saturation point it is not a burn but an explosive reaction. Think getting diesel hot enough to stay lit and nitromethane burn speeds. In an enclosed space well...    
Not exactly what you asked, but since we're off topic, perhaps a Craigslist dual-fuel or whitegas stove would meet your requirements.

You can go forever, and I mean forever, on a gallon of white or unleaded gas.

Offer in another thread to give one away. I have a dual burner that I could also donate
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
The Hiking Club is doing a presentation tomorrow - On twig stoves!
If I can go: Full report will be submitted!
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
We have a twig stove - never use it.
I'm not lost. I'm exploring.
I have a bush buddy, it's the original stove that solo stove ripped off the design from. But that's neither here nor there, they are virtually identical.

It takes some practice to get used to using it but even still they're not very practical in my opinion. Lots of work for little result. Propane is the way to go.