Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wall mount fold up shower pan
Looking for items to go in my bus. Saw this...looks very compact. What do yall think? 
[Image: 6zOxO25l.jpg]
#NomadLivesMatter  
looks interesting,if it's $99 yes,$599 no
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-11-2018)
Yeah, interesting idea but where does the drain go? I'm guessing the fold down pan is more of a fold down container that catches the drain water and somehow when you stand it back up it all drains out. Might be a wooly booger to plumb and I'd sure enough test it out more than a few times before I button up the wall and floor behind and under it.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-11-2018)
Smile  Looks nice.  Like Mo I wonder where the water goes

Jewellann
  I DON'T GO CRAZY
Tongue      I AM CRAZY          
   I JUST GO NORMAL FROM TIME TO TIME
(06-10-2018, 12:48 PM)Motrukdriver Wrote: Yeah, interesting idea but where does the drain go?  I'm guessing the fold down pan is more of a fold down container that catches the drain water and somehow when you stand it back up it all drains out.  Might be a wooly booger to plumb and I'd sure enough test it out more than a few times before I button up the wall and floor behind and under it.
Mo&Tex - I was thinking the same thing. I zoomed in on the picture and it appears there is some sort of drain cap on the back edge of the pan. I agree with yall...I would definitely need to know before buying it for sure. I would think about adding a something like 3"+ pvc drain in floor with maybe a cap or plug. Where or what that floor drain would lead to is optional. 

Gary- If it were $500+ then I would have to see how much cost it would be to install other options instead. And kinda put a $ value of square inches/footage is worth to me in my rig.
#NomadLivesMatter  
I have played around with shower designs for too long. So long I basically gave up as when I would find something I would go looking to buy and never find it. The pictured one I saw and tracked it down to Europe and it was a low volume shower unit but never did find anyone that had seen the real thing or had one to sell.

At issue are water usage and drainage. Reusable shower filtering systems were being designed and used in South Africa last summer as the government was asking residents to conserve water as they had low levels. Some interesting designs and ideas.

One product that I did find and liked was this http://www.aquaviewinc.com/rv/. It allows you to know when hot water is at the outlet so if you plumbed into a removable hose attachment point you could push in the empty hose and spray to get wet and then soap up and spray off. Less wasted water and zero shock and shrinkage.

Folding sinks and large basins were all the rage in First or Executive international flight for the longest time and I used them. They worked well and could be adapted to be used in a rig. Then about a year ago I noticed them disappearing. Replaced with hytech misting tubes or more traditional set ups. I asked and they said they broke or leaked and for commercial use just didn't stand up. Now they shower eight passengers a flight on average so I thought to search some plane boneyards for parts as they might last in non-commercial applications. Just a thought.

I have tested and confirmed that I can recycle shower water and effectively clean it (Filter and UV) in a closed system but this takes on a plumbing nightmare. Dual pumps and shower water tank and dump...Got convoluted very quickly.

A standing basin (plastic) and a push on hose with a simple circular shower curtain rod in the middle of the rig for the odd spray down when using an outside shower is not possible worked well enough for me to call done. Yes, I could engineer something better but in reality, the savings and tech required make it cool but impractical.  The little hot water is here and ready device changed my mind. Plumbed it into the toilet area for a quick parts wash and will just deal with a little overspray or if I get bored seal the floor and add an ultrasonic drain to a small holding basin and add a pump to fire it out to the grey tank.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-12-2018)