Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE REALITY OF LIVING OFF GRID
Most people are in this position. ^^^^. You work hard all your life, and unless you get lucky it is gone when you get older.

Today I rest. Tomorrow I will be going until my body gives out. It took a long time to get this far.

I will not get political as to the cause of medical inflation. Just approved greed.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Snikwahjm (07-10-2018), Motrukdriver (07-12-2018)
(06-22-2018, 04:22 AM)Scott7022 Wrote: Go North if you like Anna. The process is not that difficult and you can still be close to America and all of us. To be clear we have lines and a few quacks like every country but the immigration process is not all that expensive, it is possible to do it solo without a lawyer. However, it is still a process. Might be easier than a big jump across the Pacific. We speak the same language and health care is free.
Unfortunately it’s not so easy to emigrate to Canada, hasn’t been for years now.  She would have to be sponsored by a family member, or have about $300-500K to buy citizenship by starting a business, or have an in-demand/shortage work skill. Otherwise the answer is “No”.
"Life is short, smile while you still have teeth."
(07-10-2018, 11:05 AM)GotSmart Wrote: Most people are in this position. ^^^^. You work hard all your life, and unless you get lucky it is gone when you get older.

Today I rest. Tomorrow I will be going until my body gives out.   It took a long time to get this far.

I will not get political as to the cause of medical inflation. Just approved greed.

We rested yesterday, today we're hard at it.  Taking a late lunch break right now but we'll head back in a few.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
A few, read several hundred Syrians would disagree with the above. You have to fit a type. A friend just immigrated from Georgia. Said he was it non-gender and was being stigmatized in his country. Two large in legal and he has temporary residency and has to pass the newcomers test. Lots of changes when they kicked out Harper and put in the kid. I don't like him but his attitude is much better and less reflective of Bush-lite Harper. Not to get political just my opinion.
Hmmmm... Canada - Australia? Canada - Australia? I have to leave the US because of my wife's health but I have no problems with that. Funny that Canada and Australia were never on any list of mine for places to move. I was thinking Bolivia but that was back when I was a younger single fella and I know enough Spanish to get a good start. Considered Moldova for a while (least expensive place in Europe to live) and New Zealand (south island) was in my sights but Canada and Australia... nope. I figured that if I was gonna move to a 3rd world country I might as well move to Oklahoma and save the immigration process. Since she's already a citizen down unda it's a sure bet where we are going and having spend 5 months there last winter I find it a pretty decent place to live albeit a little pricey on some things. It's all about her comfort level and she wants to go home... so we're going. I think we have at least one more year here then Mr. Quantas says "All aboard!!!". Takes 3 years for me to get my citizenship but I'm eligible for Australian health care as soon as I apply so it can't be all bad.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
(07-12-2018, 01:58 PM)Motrukdriver Wrote: Hmmmm...   Canada - Australia?   Canada - Australia?  I have to leave the US because of my wife's health but I have no problems with that.  Funny that Canada and Australia were never on any list of mine for places to move.  I was thinking Bolivia but that was back when I was a younger single fella and I know enough Spanish to get a good start.  Considered Moldova for a while (least expensive place in Europe to live) and New Zealand (south island) was in my sights but Canada and Australia... nope.  I figured that if I was gonna move to a 3rd world country I might as well move to Oklahoma and save the immigration process.  Since she's already a citizen down unda it's a sure bet where we are going and having spend 5 months there last winter I find it a pretty decent place to live albeit a little pricey on some things.  It's all about her comfort level and she wants to go home... so we're going.  I think we have at least one more year here then Mr. Quantas says "All aboard!!!".  Takes 3 years for me to get my citizenship but I'm eligible for Australian health care as soon as I apply so it can't be all bad.

Don't sit on the grass. Redbacks hurt. Never pick up a Kowalya  or however you spell those drugged leaf-eating vermin. They really get nasty when you surprise them and spoil their ecualyptisis high.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • Motrukdriver (07-12-2018)
Big Grin Are we going to get a koala bear story?  Please?   Big Grin
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
Never been down under! If my BeastMaster skills don't translate then...Look what happened to Steve!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • Cammalu (07-13-2018)
Melbourne Home
Sydney Australia