Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First annual Summer NEVR (NorthEast Vandweller Rendezvous
If I can get three to nine people (special use permit required for 10+) to agree to a time and date I can reserve a group of free campsites (sun and shade) in the Loyalsock State Forest 2 miles from Laporte, PA near the Loyalsock Creek off RT 154 a few miles from Worlds End State Park (free=entry, swimming beach, showers, and flush toilets).

The first annual Summer NEVR (NorthEast Vandweller Rendezvous) will run from Wednesday until Monday morning all participants must register in person at Forest HQ on US220 near Laporte by Friday end of business day.

http://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateForests/Find...ault.aspx/

http://docs.dcnr.pa.gov/cs/groups/public...032812.pdf

http://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateParks/FindAP...fault.aspx

[Image: 243498-M.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mr.LooRead for this post:
  • heron (06-23-2018)
I'm up kicking around Kinzua and the upper Allegheny for a long weekend....beautiful areas! The park you linked looks really nice, I'd love to check it out...but unfortunately I'm ducking back south shortly. Hopefully next time!
(05-27-2018, 06:26 PM)BradKW Wrote: I'm up kicking around Kinzua and the upper Allegheny for a long weekend....beautiful areas! The park you linked looks really nice, I'd love to check it out...but unfortunately I'm ducking back south shortly. Hopefully next time!

All the PA State Parks and forests provide free admissions. Just buy 20 gallons of our diesel fuel taxed at .741/gallon on the way out and we're good. LOL
Hey Larry! You stealing my moniker! NEVR is my event in NY. Come up with something original so folks can keep the events straight. I'm interested in attending if it happens before I head out west or north or south or somewhere! LOL!

Greg
Vtwinkicker on Youtube
(06-06-2018, 05:51 AM)VanTraveler Wrote: Hey Larry! You stealing my moniker! NEVR is my event in NY. Come up with something original so folks can keep the events straight. I'm interested in attending if it happens before I head out west or north or south or somewhere! LOL!

Greg
Vtwinkicker on Youtube

What date is best for you and your crew? I have to go to the forest HQ and reserve the campsites, then I can make a formal announcement less your trademark TM.
(06-06-2018, 07:44 AM)Mr.LooRead Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 05:51 AM)VanTraveler Wrote: Hey Larry! You stealing my moniker! NEVR is my event in NY. Come up with something original so folks can keep the events straight. I'm interested in attending if it happens before I head out west or north or south or somewhere! LOL!

Greg
Vtwinkicker on Youtube

What date is best for you and your crew? I have to go to the forest HQ and reserve the campsites, then I can make a formal announcement less your trademark TM.

I can't commit to any dates. Once the dates are set  then I can commit. I got a bunch of irons in the fire right now so if it falls on the right weekend I'll be there. Bryce might make it but that's probably it. I'll check with Josh.
Wait a minute ! If this starts happening more we may need a better naming system ????
If the new one is farther north and east of the NY one .....?

Maybe the (state name abbreviation+ V R would be less confusing . (especially to those that don't know New England geography like us locals).

NYVR , VTVR , MEVR , etc.   This might be a good idea for all states as well .
Then add a N-S-E-W if there are more than one per state.

(See , everything I write doesn't always have to be confusing !
and now I have to make up a word just to keep up with my previously mentioned rep. 
"anti-confuseicatory" ? Tongue )
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • heron (06-23-2018)
(06-07-2018, 12:29 PM)rvpopeye Wrote: Wait a minute ! If this starts happening more we may need a better naming system ????
If the new one is farther north and east of the NY one .....?

Maybe the (state name abbreviation+ V R would be less confusing . (especially to those that don't know New England geography like us locals).

NYVR , VTVR , MEVR , etc.   This might be a good idea for all states as well .
Then add a N-S-E-W if there are more than one per state.

(See , everything I write doesn't always have to be confusing !
and now I have to make up a word just to keep up with my previously mentioned rep. 
"anti-confuseicatory" ? Tongue )

I like it!