Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just thinking and looking for opinions.
whats the vision? where you going?

if going world wide go with the greatest all around vehicle in the history of histories,the toyota hilux 4x4,a true world wide vehicle
[Image: %24_20.jpg?set_id=1C5000?set_id=1C5000?set..._id=1C5000]

Other people's money and all.....
Well having driven Russia from one end to the other. I am going to do the second largest and then the USA. The top cabin part is done or decided on. Just got the CAD stuff in my email today. Just looking for a platform to place it on. I like the Kodiaks Gary but too heavy. 8 footbed is all I need. So while not being a Chevy fan I'd admit the LEO and Military types use them a great deal so... Added to the search. Thanks for the input
(05-26-2018, 12:25 AM)Scott7022 Wrote: Vans don't really do bush 4x4. 

Yeah it was sortve a bit of a ribbing, since we are on the vandweller site.

Sometimes you just gotta choose another vehicle to get the features you want, like 4wd and a big V8.
(05-24-2018, 11:01 AM)Putts Wrote: I've got the VT365 in Putt, it's the Navistar version of the 6.0. I was looking at the guy in GA thinking he's got the right stuff---I'm sure he does---but in a recent video he said he's not going to make the Big Dog heads anymore for non-commercial customers....you might be able to convince him otherwise, but I doubt I could. Also he seems to be steering his non-commercial work to another shop now---again, mentioned in a relatively recent video.

I'm going to see if I can get someone to swap a crate Cummins 5.9 12 valve into Putt. It's done all the time on Ford pick-ups, but the shops that do that regularly won't look at a weird step van. 

At any rate, the 6.0 does have problems, but they can be overcome with dough. Good luck!

He found a "stockpile mother load" of heads. Words out of his mouth. He is still doing the heads and working on non-commercial vehicles as well as his commercial clients. Needed to get the intel on that as I would NEVER BUY a 6.0 without having him to dealer proof it. Local shade tree "I know how to fix it" types destroy these motors all the time. Calgary Alberta as a glut of them as they like to run them into the oilsands project areas. ROughnecks buy them then meet a girl and get hooked up, buy a house and when the big paycheques stop so does many other things and the trucks have to go. The only way to get a deal in Canada these days. Buying new is a possibility...but stupid pricey.