Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pickup truck suspension question
Maybe you've got this fixed now but if not, years ago I had a Ranger (1994 I think) 4x4 with the Gertrag 5 speed and the small 6.  I had a fiberglass canopy and often carried 500-1,000# in it. I had to add a leaf (one of those cheap $70 bent springs that U clamped onto the exsisting spring pack).  That was years ago as far as the price but they probably haven’t changed much. I think the “overload” leaf was advertised as a 1,000# capacity.  

All I know is that it caused the rear to go up about 1.5 inches empty and it did what it was supposed to do when loaded.

I had Firestone LT tires (6 ply rated) and you do need something above straight P tires, those PXL’s would likely work.

All the info on air bags being the best is accurate however I didn’t have $400 at the time, and I could scrape up $<80.

Let us know.
"Life is short, smile while you still have teeth."
Looks like it might be moot, we're trying to work a deal on a new minivan.  Tongue
???

Will you be pulling a camper with the minivan?

You may still end up with the same problem.
No, we'll put a Tail Veil on it for now. If we want more space in the future we'll probably go air bags and a small camper.
(05-30-2018, 01:53 PM)Queen Wrote: Looks like it might be moot, we're trying to work a deal on a new minivan.  Tongue

Sounds great, hope it works out for you. An older suburban could work too, maybe... certainly pulls well.
Done! We're driving home in our new minivan.
(05-31-2018, 12:09 PM)Queen Wrote: Done!  We're driving home in our new minivan.

What color?   Huh
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
Make?  New new or new to you? 
Why did you make the decision?  “Enquiring minds want to know”
So do nosy ones...
2018 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, gray, brand new. We wanted something comfortable for our daily driver, but also something we could throw in our foam pads and sleeping bags to go wandering. An old friend owns the Dodge dealership so we got a very good deal.
(05-31-2018, 02:38 PM)Queen Wrote: 2018 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, gray, brand new.  We wanted something comfortable for our daily driver, but also something we could throw in our foam pads and sleeping bags to go wandering.  An old friend owns the Dodge dealership so we got a very good deal.

Thats great that you found what you want, live where you want and are happy!