Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superior Nat'l Forest
My stay was pleasant. Then wheels on my abode moved me to another, pleasant spot.
Sometimes dweller in 236k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
(08-21-2018, 09:51 AM)MN C Van Wrote: Keep in mind, just the same as you can camp there, someone can shoot clay pigeons or drive their dirt bikes.
Also keep in mind, there's lots, and lots of spots, a contingency is always good. And a change of scenery.
And it'll be getting cold there, if it hasn't already.

Thanks for all the excellent advice!
Yeah, my first freecampsites "find" was a disaster, so I've learned that lesson.

I'm still waiting on my ideal contract job, so I'm looking for a boondocking location that's tick-free and quiet.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Cold's not an issue.
Got the gear & experience. Smile

I'm not expecting to get much real Work done while living out of my stationwagon, and for the last couple of weeks have been split between Rest Areas in northern WI & MI & central MN, then popping into a decent indie northern WI motel for a couple of days at a time (hygiene & magic-wall-power).

Technically, I was offered the kewl cybersecurity contract job, but it's thru an IT pimp (aka "recruiter"), and they're idiots. The employment agreement includes a clause that nobody with a shred of ethics & experience would agree to. Sad
still homeless, tentative progress on a GoodJob, still lots of Newbie Qs

"We are in a car." K9 to Mickey, "School Reunion", Doctor Who
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, "Serenity", Firefly
I did stay there again and it was okay. There is now a backhoe and a dump truck there so yes it is an active gravel pit. Of course Sunday and Monday no one was working.  I also stayed just down the road and backed way up into the woods. It is beginning to get cold up there and there won't be any insects left. Again I'd reiterate that there is many many spots, and you shouldn't put your stakes down on just one of them.
Sometimes dweller in 236k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to MN C Van for this post:
  • Justacarsofar (09-13-2018), Kaylee (09-17-2018)
(09-03-2018, 09:49 PM)MN C Van Wrote: I did stay there again and it was okay. There is now a backhoe and a dump truck there so yes it is an active gravel pit. Of course Sunday and Monday no one was working.  I also stayed just down the road and backed way up into the woods. It is beginning to get cold up there and there won't be any insects left. Again I'd reiterate that there is many many spots, and you shouldn't put your stakes down on just one of them.

hey, where are you now? still North Shore?  Cool

(sent you a PM)
title~ "Deliberate Discharge" 3 "Stinkin Badges" 1 "Flying manure spreader" 1 "Pink Elephant"  Tongue