Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memorial for Gunny and Interment
I had a phone call from Gregory, Gunny's son.  { On my supposedly unlisted/unpublished telephone Number }
He had also PMd me however had not received my reply. Gregory seems like a nice guy and is a Fireman & Paramedic.

He told me what they are doing for Gunny and said I could post the info here because his family wants us to know.

Gunny will be cremated and there will be a small Memorial service/gathering for anyone who wishes to attend.

They are contacting the VA to see about a place for Gunny's internment.

Gunny had been sicker than he let on here for about the last 2mos.  His neighbor Joe said that he pretty much stayed inside and rested.  Someone took his lunch to him on Saturday and he was sleeping,  later in the day he failed to respond and was deceased. Gregory said the cause of death was congestive heart failure.

Gregory said that he has spoken to Gunny's old friend Steven who lives in IN.  Also that he will let us know about more info on the Memorial service and internment site.  He intends to send an obituary too.

Gary I probably overstepped when I told him to contact you about being given member status so he wouldn't have to post under Gunny.  I was surprised and unsettled to receive a PM from "Gunny" today.

Jewellann
  I DON'T GO CRAZY
Tongue      I AM CRAZY          
   I JUST GO NORMAL FROM TIME TO TIME
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • Wabbit (05-08-2018), Optimistic Paranoid (05-08-2018), rvpopeye (05-08-2018)
he probably got your number from robs phone
He might find it amusing.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
(05-08-2018, 04:04 PM)Gary Wrote: he probably got your number from robs phone

^^^^Thanks I didn't think of that^^^^

(05-08-2018, 06:06 PM)GotSmart Wrote: He might find it amusing.

^^^^^Even tho he and Gunny were't close he seems to be doing the
the best he can.  Although Gunny posted and spoke of his time running out 
Gregory said that documents and paper work are not in any kind of order and 
family members are trying to get things together and in order.

He sounded serious and concerned....not even close to amused.

That's all I know for now

Jewellann
  I DON'T GO CRAZY
Tongue      I AM CRAZY          
   I JUST GO NORMAL FROM TIME TO TIME