Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert"Gunny"Jungman 1951-2018
Gunny is in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDy0Z3HSkTE
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • rvpopeye (05-27-2019)
I also have this little newspaper clipping. He was reported dead when he was injured by the local paper

[Image: 614cf745c5269fc3ec6ecd71fe1c6d71.jpg]

I don’t think I ever saw his last obit.
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Queen (05-27-2019), rvpopeye (05-27-2019), Blanch (05-27-2019)
Rob was such a great guy. He heard I was having trouble affording my asthma inhalers and he shipped me a bunch of his at no cost. I am still using Gunny inhalers and I have passed a few on to other nomads. He must have sent me about 30 of them. He didn’t know me, he didn’t care who I was, he just couldn’t bring himself to throw out medication when he knew others needed it and couldn’t afford it. He wouldn’t allow me to reimburse him for the shipping costs. He just wanted to help someone.

What a selfless guy.

Rob - you are missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • Texjbird (05-28-2019), rvpopeye (05-28-2019)
Hopefully Gunny is reading along and knows the love for him here that will continue forever.................
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

never knew him but it is just so wonderful to know that generous big hearted people are nomads and enjoying what they can of life on their terms and helping others along the way. That is what I love about this life, freedom on the road to meet so many wonderful people.
No one and nobody is truly ever gone so long as those breathing remember.

So many to toast today...

Some taught, others shared, many provided the three or less critical seconds for mission achievement. All sacrificed and all remembered by a dwindling few.

Stand easy your watch is done.
Lest We Forget.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
For some ( a lot of ) people Gunny being around was very bad news !
(Being there wasn't great news for him either , he took many hits)

Thankful Gunny was here on a far different mission ...

Just a small view of the constant conflict his mind must have been under to his last day....as so many more are still experiencing.
(Maybe some will follow Gunny's trail markers here?)

I'm glad he found his place among us , and so wish he could still be here living the nomadic good life he had just begun to enjoy.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

in that it is wonderful where one can fit into ain't right group and find a lot of comradery!