Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Path to [No]MadNess
New to the forum.  Here's the complete vLog of my journey from the choice to live nomadically beginning on Dec 7th of 2017 [infamous day!] to date [May 5th, 2018].  I will be sufficiently done with the build on May 11th, 2018, and head for the Long Valley Caldera in California for my first camp in the new Cargo Trailer build.  I am traveling with one of my three kids, my oldest daughter.   It's been quite the ride so far!  Big Grin

Video Log:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeylVg...&flow=grid

[Image: 40997905275_7132d07f5f_z.jpg]
Other resolutions of the image above are here.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to NoMad YesHappy for this post:
  • GotSmart (05-05-2018)
Hey, you made it!

Welcome.

Yeah this forum has a fairly broad scope, not just vans.

I sold my Ford van recently, and yet, they haven't kicked me to the curb!

Big Grin
Wondering about Wandering.
(05-05-2018, 08:56 AM)tx2sturgis Wrote: Hey, you made it!

Welcome.

Yeah this forum has a fairly broad scope, not just vans.

I sold my Ford van recently, and yet, they haven't kicked me to the curb!

Big Grin

I'm at the curb ... it's not too bad once you get used to it!  Big Grin

Thanks for the heads up ... L8R!

db
~
Hey NoMad and welcome! Said it before, but gonna repeat myself. Love those side pods! It's looking really nice.
Everyone has been talking about how incredible you are, I have to agree. You're pretty awesome! 
Yeah, speaking of curbs, here's my rig parked to the left, (truck and trailer) with some members here, all vans...we had a great time on a recent mini-yarc gtg.

(05-05-2018, 09:06 AM)Wabbit Wrote: Hey NoMad and welcome! Said it before, but gonna repeat myself. Love those side pods! It's looking really nice.
Thanks, Wabbit!  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to NoMad YesHappy for this post:
  • Wabbit (05-05-2018)
(05-05-2018, 09:07 AM)tx2sturgis Wrote: Yeah, speaking of curbs, here's my rig parked to the left, (truck and trailer) with some members here, all vans...we had a great time on a recent mini-yarc gtg.

Nice set-up there, Mr. T2S ... I hope to have some shots like this of my rig in the next week or two [he says again after more than TWO flippin' months of build-out!].  Almost there!

db
~
And if at some point you decide those ramp cables are in the way, like I did, they can be moved forward so that they are less intrusive.

It's not easy, but it was worth it for me. 

We had to take shelter from a very cold, windy day at the lake, so we circled our wagons in a sheltered area, and set up camp. The ramp door is leveled with stands, and with the attachments moved forward, the ramp can be used as a deck with no tripping over the wires. 

Welcome NoMad! How old is your daughter, is she digging the adventure?
Hi NOmad
One Stinkin Badge!