Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Breakdown?
I'm not necessarily recommending this, but I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion here.

On of the other forums I hang on is the American Adventurist forum.  They've got a geographic area, with sub-forums for each state.  So a member planning a trip through one or more states can EASILY find crowd-sourced info on that PARTICULAR state or states that have been posted by other forum members who've BTDT. 

I gotta say, as something of an organizational freak (not to say I'm CDO - which is the correct alphabetical way of arranging the letters OCD. Big Grin ) I kinda like this approach.

You can see how they did it by going here:

https://americanadventurist.com/forum/fo...guides.64/

What do the rest of you think?  Useful, or not?
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool
It could be very useful depending on how much people put into it.
I think that’s a good idea. Use it for networking, resources, good spots and sights.
One Stinkin Badge!
Does sound like it could be useful.
yea John Dodgy

we have places to see,boondock reviews,travel log and gathering so maybe some redundancy to be taken care of
would make a new section for all the travels stuff
have to see how many subforums i can go or just do threads for the states

figure out a name for the section 
name for the states thing
order of the forums
and then region and states in the region and i'll do it
It is good forum & content. 
I'd had that in mind, when I posted the Nevada thread.
(05-01-2018, 04:01 PM)Gary Wrote: figure out a name for the section 
order of the forums
and then region and states in the region and I'll do it

That's easy.  Steal all that from American Adventurist.  Just make sure you file the serial numbers off, and be careful not to leave any fingerprints or dna.

If you need further advice, Scott7022 seems to have a lot of black ops experience . . .
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool
(05-01-2018, 04:11 PM)Optimistic Paranoid Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 04:01 PM)Gary Wrote: figure out a name for the section 
order of the forums
and then region and states in the region and I'll do it

That's easy.  Steal all that from American Adventurist.  Just make sure you file the serial numbers off, and be careful not to leave any fingerprints or dna.

If you need further advice, Scott7022 seems to have a lot of black ops experience . . .

no,no,no,your not getting off that easy,American Adventurist is a professional site,this here be YARC
so you got to yarc it up some
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • Wabbit (05-01-2018)
Might look at the irv2 site on how they have their regions set up. It'll give you more ideas on how to set yours up.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
And here is one you can post in the Midwest region or Missouri or how ever you set it up:

https://gnomadhome.com/events/

I'm personally not a fan of paid events but that is my own issue. I'm sure many don't mind it.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]