Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verizon unlimited 4G $5 a month
Tomorrow I head north but so far am unsure of the route. Should I pass through Parker I know of a area that the 3G would not connect and can briefly see if the 4G will.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to justjim for this post:
  • Blanch (04-24-2018)
(04-24-2018, 05:21 PM)justjim Wrote: Tomorrow I head north but so far am unsure of the route. Should I pass through Parker I know of a area that the 3G would not connect and can briefly see if the 4G will.

Thanks so much Jim. I appreciate all you share with us and how helpful you are towards this community. You sir - are a gentleman and a scholar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • Heidi Mull (04-24-2018), justjim (04-24-2018), Everyroadleadshome (04-27-2018), heron (06-23-2018)
I have stopped north of Parker in the spot I stayed at for over a month not too long ago. A wonderful spot that as the song says, I can see for miles and miles and see no one. It is a quick stop to walk Max, eat some lunch and test this new 4G hotspot. Luckily it is only a mile off of 62 on my way up to Mohave Valley.

Now just to make sure I fired up the 3G hotspot and as before it provides no internet here even though it will in Parker not too far away. I am posting this with the 6620 which shows 2 bars of 4G LTE even without the booster.

So does this means it roams? I can not say that it does or does not. All I can say is that it works where my 3G hotspot will not.

A quick speed test shows 17.6 down and 7.5 up. That is faster here than my AT&T at 5 or below down, my Sprint LTE at 16 down but slower than my T-Mobile at 26 down. Quite the step up from the 3.1 Mbps max speed of the 3G and not bad for only 2 bars of service.

Hope this helps. Now back to the road, the heat and my progression north.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to justjim for this post:
  • Wabbit (04-25-2018), Blanch (04-25-2018), Motrukdriver (04-27-2018), Heidi Mull (04-27-2018)
(04-25-2018, 12:26 PM)justjim Wrote: ........Hope this helps. Now back to the road, the heat and my progression north.

Yes it does!
Thanks so much Jim.

This will be in my wish list until I manage to get my refrigeration situation taken care of. But I will get one eventually.

You are an amazing asset in this community. Thanks for all you contribute Jim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • justjim (04-25-2018)
Blanch:  Thanks so much Jim. I appreciate all you share with us and how helpful you are towards this community. You sir - are a gentleman and a scholar! 

Office clip Michael Scott "gentleman and a scholar"

Ditto, Jim, you are a GaaS

Paul
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MNPaul for this post:
  • Blanch (04-27-2018)
Got mine in the mail today and connected to the internet with no issues. Actually thinking of canceling my home internet this is seeming to work so well. I'll give it a test run over the next few days then decide, but at the moment i'm seeing no reason to continue spending $70/mo for home internet.

Thanks again Jim, you selflessly share so much info and are an invaluable asset to the RV/van community.
Adding this to my wishlist too. Those speeds are sufficient for my partner to do Twitch streaming with. While we already have a plan for that, this would make a great backup.
Okay now, you are making me blush. I am appreciative of the fact that it does help others.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to justjim for this post:
  • Blanch (04-28-2018), Wabbit (04-28-2018), Everyroadleadshome (04-28-2018)
(04-16-2018, 12:39 PM)justjim Wrote: I could not get him to remote flash my 4620, he told me it was only good on a 6620L which I do not have.
Jim, do you know how much they charge for the remote flash for a 6620L?
I didn't see an option for remote flash on 4g. Here's the contact numbers for Dr Wireless to call for inquiries.

770-572-8848 / 706-780-6434
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Wabbit for this post:
  • Heidi Mull (04-30-2018)