Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death of a Marine
R. Lee Ermey, a former marine turned Hollywood actor known for hardheaded military roles like Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Stanley Kubrick’s “Full Metal Jacket” has died at 74, his manager said. 

Past being an iconic actor and serving in Viet Nam he also was a very outspoken proponent for Vets. He worked with many organizations that supported Vets and their rights. A quiet-spoken man in person and a board member on the NRA (not to get too political) he was blackballed by Hollywood for some of his comments about then President Barack Obama. Despite the censor costing him money, as acting was his living, he never wavered from his position or convictions. 

RIP Gunny, your tour is over. We owe you a debt we can't repay for your service in-country and the huge amount of work and time you put in after you had a platform to yell from. Not that you needed it!   

Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • Gunny (04-16-2018), rvpopeye (04-16-2018), Putts (04-16-2018)
rip r.lee ermey

but Scott,you just scared the living crap out of me
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc stickers
yarc stickers pirate edition
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Gary for this post:
  • Gunny (04-16-2018), GypsyDogs (04-16-2018), rvpopeye (04-16-2018), heron (04-17-2018)
(04-15-2018, 11:58 PM)Gary Wrote: but Scott,you just scared the living crap out of me

......yeah....
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,
probably cursed

[Image: AIDog_Line_Sm_Teal_GD.png]
I am the Ear-Wormer with a Stinkin' Badge
Sorry Yes in hindsight I see my FOREPAW

A note OUR Gunny is a man of his word. He has promised a wee drop of Scotish elixir and a shared cigar before he shuffles off this challenge called life. We haven't yet enjoyed that drink and smoke so he will be around until he does so. Marines do nothing without orders and he hasn't received the order to rest yet!!!!

Much Love Gunny, and sorry to all for the scare.

I never thought about when I posted as I KNOW we will share that drink one day. Call it a feeling, call it something more existential. To me, it is a fact.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • rvpopeye (04-17-2018)
Freakin ditto.
YARC : Drunk in the Mud/Keeper of the Dingy/Ears [Image: L3000.gif]/Potluck Contributions Restricted
RIP Ermey. I know you met up with Alan Sabrosky before departure. I saw your photos.

AsMemNRA hunted down Ermey's NRA poster. 
[attachment=805]