Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
METAL DETECTING & PROSPECTING
I just dusted off my old detector and have been going out with a friend looking fer TREASURE !
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhh..........................

Got a big bag of rusty junk so far...........plus a fist full of coins and a ring.

(new coins and a little sterling ring)

Not going to post exactly where or $ value here , bein' pirates and all..........
but a lot of the places were very ,,, salty !!.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC
13 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 5 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards!
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (04-09-2018), Everyroadleadshome (04-10-2018)
Oh man how fun! I always wanted to do that. I even better bought a couple of metal detectors years ago but never used them.

I gotta try
monkeyfoot
It was getting kinda old till he picked up that ring !
New found enthusiasm.......

Plus I know a guy that does the major beaches after a sand stripping storm (like those Northeasters we been getting)
He's found a buttload of rings including a diamond one @ 20K !
He has a pricey detector but the cheap ones will find metal. Just not as deep.

I saw a yt vid about a device called gold radar. amazing ! no prices given though........
HDR NEEDS ONE !
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC
13 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 5 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards!
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (04-09-2018)
I found an old Greek coin when I was swimming in Anapa it was heavy but not all good but probably gold in it. I gave it to the museum there and I never have to pay to come see it. Well other than going there. LOL! It was exciting. Lots of people do it in Anapa as they sell WW2 nazi memorabilia to the weird people who like to collect it. Anapa fell to Nazi's in WW2 and they had a huge SS headquarters there. So lots of daggers and hat brass and the like. The locals can't believe an original SS Blood and Honor dagger is worth 1000 usd. This is like a two-month salary for them.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS
Sounds like a good score for a day, enough of one to motivate you to get out there another day anyways.

I've been wanting to get into metal detecting for as long as I can remember. When I was sick and on crutches I was watching some Youtube videos on guys that did the beaches. And I thought that it was a hobby i'd never be able to partake in and was ok with that reality. But, being able to walk the dog a few miles a day again and growing, looks like maybe it's time to resurface plans for trying my hand at it.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Everyroadleadshome for this post:
  • Cammalu (04-10-2018)
I guess all the metal detectors aren’t the same. Matt, if you are going to buy one I’d get with someone who really knows them.

Seems I have a good old one but the new one wasn’t worth a hoot.
monkeyfoot
Agreed, I have some good ones on my list. I did some forum asking around a few years back. I'd go in and make sure that info is still up to date before I pulled the trigger. The decent to good ones are expensive, but i'm at the stage where I prefer to pay for quality when possible.