Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Aliner Needs A New Home
2004 Aliner LX

Selling for health reasons.  

3 way frig works on gas and shore power.  I've never ran it on the battery.  It uses 30amp elec. hook up

Sink with hand pump and water storage tank with locking outside fill port.  Cook top and microwave.  5,ooo btu thru wall mounted AC.  Couch/bed extends to Q size if not bigger.  No dinette table.

2- 2x4 bubble sky lights and 2 vents on front roof panel.  I had elec  vent fan wired to 12v and installed before I brought it home from the dealer.  1- 2ft X 4ft bubble on rear roof panels.  2 lg window with slides, one on each side wall, 3 triangle windows that do not open.  Door is dutch door with window that opens in the top portion.  

No bathroom however there is a large cabinet to the right of the door which is where a "optional"  tube/shower/toilet can be installed.  No black or grey water storage tanks.  Sink will drain thru standard water hose.

Off road axle.  3 new trailer tires installed & bearings checked less that 5 miles ago. Front and rear cargo carriers with a bicycle rack mounted to the rear carrier. 2 blue rhino 15lb propane tanks.
Side to side rear under bed storage accessed from inside or outside.

All systems were checked and running when I purchased it about 18 months ago.  Since then I've used the water hook up, shore power, frig and also 12v lights with no problem.

I've kept it in a secured storage facility in a covered unit with open front access.

If I'm lucky I MIGHT be able to take pics in a week or two.

I'm asking $5,300.  It's financed and I just want to sell it and pay the loan off.  

Jewellann
  AND THAT'S ALL I'VE GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT   "BUBBA GUMP"   

PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES.........SINK SHIPS    "BOONDOCK SAINTS"

I'M NOT HERE   Cool   YOU DIDN'T SEE ME

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • frater secessus (04-08-2018)
I have always liked ALiners. Good luck selling. I will pass this info onto a few people who may have some interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • Texjbird (04-07-2018)
Wow, that sounds really nice, and at that price, maybe my sister might want it. I'll check, but if someone wants it meanwhile, sell it!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to S Cello for this post:
  • Texjbird (04-07-2018)
(04-07-2018, 01:25 PM)Blanch Wrote: I have always liked ALiners. Good luck selling. I will pass this info onto a few people who may have some interest.

(04-07-2018, 02:56 PM)S Cello Wrote: Wow, that sounds really nice, and at that price, maybe my sister might want it. I'll check, but if someone wants it meanwhile, sell it!

Thanks.  I hate to get rid of it.  I towed it home with my Ranger.  A friend that was with me said he couldn't believe how ez it towed and tracked so well.  I've had some TT that seemed to zig when I was trying to zag Smile 

I forgot to say that on the Aliner I used Min Wax Pro Series Gel Stain in Rustic Mahogany and did hand rubbed 2 coats on all the cabinets and front wall paneling up to the interior white ceiling.  The 1st time my son saw it he said the cabinets and front wall looked like "real wood" & not typical fake wood graining.  I like that Min Wax stain.  It says you can use it on metal and fiberglass and use a wood graining tool if you want it to look more like wood.

I also took the doors off the kitchen cabinets and painted them sage green and then hand distressed the edges.  I also replaced the doorknobs with vintage style knobs with back plates from Hobby Lobby.  The upholstery and curtains are in good shape & not showing any wear.

This was to be my last T.T. so I wanted it to reflect my taste and not the factories.  I intended to use some vintage wallpaper in the couch/bed area and I have vintage Waverly lined curtains to cut down for new curtains.  Those curtains and wall paper have over 2,000 miles on them.  TX to SD to Ky to AL.  They will go in my next TT, which I hope will be my last TT. 

I already have my eye on one that's just right for Queenie and I.  We'll have to use our tow vehicle for "storage".  I hope to get a little business going sewing curtains for RV's.  Not fancy ones just basic and I can line them too.  It always amazes me how something as simple as new curtains and throw rugs can change the atmosphere of any size of a place. 

I once put down a 5x7 Persian style rug, hooked up a box van and set a small TV on a milk crate, then hung tarps across the doorway.  IN MY GREAT AUNT MARY'S GARAGE [2 car] in Temple TX.  This was in 2004 while I was waiting to see a judge on my SSD claim.  I had moved stuff from my property and was sorting  it out for 2 consignment stores and a ongoing yard sale.  Aunt Mary started hanging out in the garage with me.  She liked to visit with the folks stopping to see what was for sale.  She was younger back then & only 84  Smile  She is still in Temple and in her own home, it's now a smaller one. 

I need to go to TX.  I'm homesick. 
 Oh well break time is over and I gotta go back to work.  
Packing stuff to take out and stick in the van when the sun comes up.

Jewellann

Jewellann

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • Blanch (04-08-2018), S Cello (04-08-2018)
Jewellen, I need sewing lessons. I’ve been faking it for years.

Bet those cabinets knobs look great. I always pay a visit to the cabinet knob section just to root around when I go in Hobby Lobby. I think some of those gorgeous fancy glass one might be in my future.

I’d like to see pics of what you did with the aliner
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Texjbird (04-10-2018)
Curtains are lovely. They can change the whole mood of a room. I used to sew. But can't do it anymore. Glad to see the art is not lost in these modern times.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to WanderingKathy for this post:
  • Texjbird (04-10-2018)
I was at my local Hobby Lobby this past Saturday looking for some embroidery thread. 

I ended up buying 3 different pieces of sewing material. They are having a big clearance sale on some upholstery and drapery/curtain materials. I found drapery material that looks like a redo of a vintage western print for $4 a yard, the original price was $17.99  Huh  Which I would NEVER EVER pay.  The covering on the Safari's sun visors are disintergrating at a high rate of speed!  I had decided to try and sew some slip covers for them.  Now I'm thinking that might be a PITA as each visor has a flip down vanity mirror that I'll need to work around.  So I'm thinking some kind of fabric adhesive?  I'm thinking that if I cut the material in sections for the side that has the mirror in it I could spray each piece and then stick it on the visor...or not?  I've never worked with fabric adhesive so and info/ideas for this project will be appreciated.

Every time the Safari's dashboard has been removed for repairs it has a new cracked or chipped place when it comes home.  Does anyone know of a light weight rubber or vinyl mat material that I could use a base for the material in making a cover for the dashboard?  I'm thinking something that would conform to the curves in the dash.  I may just use a piece of an old blanket as the bottom layer and sew the western material to it, then put velcro tabs on it and on the dash to hold it in place.

I bought 3 yds of material thinking that any left over could become the top part of the curtain that will go behind the 2 front seats.

This project will be my "REWARD " to myself as I get rid of more stuff from my apt. and storage unit. I can work on the van cab area project a little at a time.  Otherwise once I start sewing I will sew for weeks and weeks and to hell with anything else except the basics like taking care of Queenie + food/drink/clean clothes. 

Nearly 6am time for a nap in my world  Rolleyes Q finally decided she has had enough of her new bed on the floor so she will now let me sleep with her in the big Queen bed.  Ain't I a lucky dog.......no wait that's her......right?

Jewellann & The Q

I don’t see why you can’t stick the fabric on. The headliner in a car is stuck on I believe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Texjbird (04-23-2018)
Are you sure you really want to re-invent the wheel?  These seem inexpensive enough:

https://www.carcoverusa.com/dashmat-dash...WYQAvD_BwE
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool
OP

Thanks for the link.  They just will not match the Cowboys, Bunking Broncs and Cacti on the material I plan on using.  Since I've never made sun visor covers or a dashboard cover before I may end up using a commercial product.  I could go all brown astro turf on the dash with my small deer rack mounted above it?  Big Grin Time will tell I reckon.

Jewellann