Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annie's future mobile... Garden house
Just before I left there, I was blessed with Ray who said:
Annie,
I'd seen this Geodesic Trailer a while back: https://youtu.be/5duPhZ491D8
It's funny that I got this video in my YouTube recommended videos that talks about not letting Cult-ure pressure you into living a life you do not want to live.
Peace.
and

I responded "Hi Ray,
Wanna know something even more funny: THIS https://youtu.be/5duPhZ491D8 I actually watched
last year before I ever arrived here in Bob's Forum. And 1 of the main reasons I Started this discussion... Why
because:
1. Why does it cost $10,000 ? to build this exceptional structure. I don't understand. Should be able to do it cheaper, right ?
+
2. Then separate situation of an actual GREENHOUSE (which trying to build for years now; but for the SKIN....  don't know with what to cover exterior that is Durable+transparent+least $ like WHAT ????
+
3. IF "no LIVE plants across state-lines", then instead of just "give it up"  ??
NO.
As you mentioned too, the TRUTH boils down to "quitters do not win; & Winners never quit. [Image: smile.gif] so
tho altho Artificial-plants are NOT preferable in the least. ------------ Maybe by down-scaling whole project to a 4x4 space,
as I mentioned in previous post, the IDEA can still be transmitted... for people to learn from (in all but the LIVE-dimension.)

So while there may actually be two builds, the *GEODESIC* design for either remains the same. Why?
because
1. Geodesic domes MIMIC/are patterned after NATURE itself. - just look: ALL planets are ROUND ... round fascinates ...
+
2. The sphere is nature’s most efficient shape
+
3. The triangle (which constructs the Geodesic dome) is the strongest shape.
+
4. Geodesic dome is structurally independent of interior framing, therefore the designs are Limitless, & endless
Anybody knowing me well knows that my HAPPY thoughts, Ideas, + plans are Limitless, & endless, lol
+
5. Because there is less Surface area, the Geodesic dome is cheaper to build.
+
6. any Geodesic dome shaped STRUCTURE looks simply Spectacular... their shape is mesmerizing, lol

so most people have called me, & even so continue, calling me "crazy" --- but I am in good company,
see: https://inhabitat.com/mits-winning-solar...y-forests/
oh boy, & now the prize of them all. Just outstanding...

Rayd888
Yep. I'm a sucker for geodesic domes... And I agree - it should be cheaper to build your own.
You've probably seen this one too. If not, it may give you some ideas about the greenhouse/planting part:

https://youtu.be/h-g74F-U9yU

Gotta love the hammock too!
------------------------------------------ Not geodesic. Not octagonal. Not round. And yet Fantastic.
left me speechless, & here's why:
Hi Ray,
Thanks ! for making me aware of what they are doing... http://compassgreenproject.org/compass-green-blog/ , and
Did this also many years ago in Seattle, also with drug-addicted at-risk youth. On an empty lot, P-patch style they learned how to grow Edibles.
(veggies, fruits, herbs & flowers). So engaged they started having healthy [Image: smile.gif] fun ... from our sharing & their enjoyment interacting with nature they changed... both in body & mind. Over the growing season, by different degrees, they realized & decided that LIFE is very much worth living... and they made their own goals on how to be involved further, including helping yet others. It was so very rewarding for me to witness their Individual transformations ... ; that when I moved to another county, I repeated something similar with rural Homeschooling children many also at-risk in a different way. And they too enjoyed the activities they were freed to choose [Image: smile.gif] over 70 kids excelled ... in Wholesome choices.
No matter where, before & following these two experiences I have loved playing the part of seeing in my mind what is possible & the potential and then making a positive [Image: smile.gif] difference. In such I am simply passionate.

Thanks again Ray.

Ray responded: That's awesome Annie.  Cool  Thank you. 

=========   Wonderful to be appreciated, when we know we have done Well.

and again too is Guy's contribution in the same post here"
"Here is one of the featured links from the GOOGLE search. $0.26 per square foot, 7 year UV rating, fiber reinforced. Seems pretty affordable.
You could use some inferior material to save a few bucks but end up replacing it as the UV burns it up.
https://www.agriculturesolutions.com/agt...-per-sq-ft
818-724-7657   Mon - Fri   9-5ET

my response: Wow, that is the best Affordable https://www.agriculturesolutions.com/agt...ycQAvD_BwE "greenhouse cover material" I have ever come across.
Thank you so much [Image: smile.gif] Guy

If you know of commercial greenhouses in your area that use the plastic covering you might be lucky enough to be around when they are recovering and salvage some of their old covering.

Guy
=== Thank you to every genuinely Heart kind soul in this world
All such peaceful joys... remind me of another Favorite song: "Thank you for the Music" (Abba)

I'm nothing special, in fact I'm a bit of a bore
If I tell a joke, you've probably heard it before
But I have a talent, a wonderful thing
'Cause everyone listens when I start to sing
I'm so grateful and proud
All I want is to sing it out loud

So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me

Mother says I was a dancer before I could walk
She says I began to sing long before I could talk
And I've often wondered, how did it all start?
Who found out that nothing can capture a heart
Like a melody can?
Well, whoever it was, I'm a fan

So I say
What would life be?
For giving it to me

I've been so lucky, I am the girl with honey hair
I wanna sing it out to everybody
What a joy, what a life, what a chance!

What would life be?
For giving it to me

For giving it to me

of course, there is further THIS: "Wouldn’t you love to have a little piece of land as a homestead?
Owning a piece of land has many advantages for a vandweller:
  • It gives you a real, permanent address–which is becoming more important in this security conscious world.
  • It gives you a place to store your excess stuff.
  • If some emergency should arise, you have a port in the storm.
  • If you get tired of the road, you just go “home.”
  • Most vandwellers who choose to have land get it in the desert, easy to buy.
  • Often, they spend their winters in the desert on their very own land.
Homesteading is a logical extension of the home-base idea.
Just like many of us have “itchy feet” and are compelled to travel, others have a “green thumb” and are compelled to garden and grow things in the earth.
Annie that little trailer he built doesn’t look that different from one of the fiberglass egg model campers like the Casitas.

It also looks sorta like some of the tornado shelters. Guess you could mount one of those on a trailer.
monkeyfoot