Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paint and body
This is where went spent the night - with the door shut of course. We will be here a few days. There is one owie on the side and a missing um.... thing around the wheel well I wanted to get fixed.

[Image: 7be76c8cf9b9f2ab34a6a6ccab3ec215.jpg]

My nephew from Mexico highly recommended this shop and is a friend of the owner and, as we were passing through Albuquerque anyway, we decided to stop to get a price.

The owner was so pleasant and the price he gave us so good that John spoke up and asked how much to do the whole thing - paint and all. The decals are cracked and crappy, the paint old and a past owner had used silicone here and there so the RV does look a bit shabby up close.

I figured he’d say about a million dollars for all the work but he gave us an unbelievable price that I couldn’t turn down. He is letting us stay in the camper plugged up for all the body work and we are in his shop over nights. When he gets ready to paint we will be in the office but apart from that we are home in the rig.

There are six bays and they are busy, busy.

I’ll take pics after but I found a pic of a paint job I like on line and they are going to paint it like this except for different colors.

[Image: da1a37a583bfbbc7fd0b8fc0597d1cf4.jpg]

I’m going with white on top, silver in the middle and blue on the bottom
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (03-28-2018), Texjbird (03-30-2018)
Here are some other modifications and paint schemes to consider....  Big Grin Cool  
[Image: Ns70xqum.jpg][Image: 2Y98rFEl.jpg]
[Image: 12Bo1BEl.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RepublicOfTXPatriot for this post:
  • Cammalu (03-27-2018)
hey,thats my rig with paint and rims
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc stickers
yarc stickers pirate edition
(03-27-2018, 09:44 AM)Gary Wrote: hey,thats my rig with paint and rims
Pertaining to the black 4x4 one :  Who needs a "High Top" when you have a "High Bottom" ? LOL
(03-27-2018, 10:03 AM)RepublicOfTXPatriot Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 09:44 AM)Gary Wrote: hey,thats my rig with paint and rims
Pertaining to the black 4x4 one :  Who needs a "High Top" when you have a "High Bottom" ? LOL

the one cammy posted is the same make and model as my rig,70's chevy chinook concourse
yarc stickers
Gary quote' Wrote: the one cammy posted is the same make and model as my rig,70's chevy chinook concourse

You were really lucky to get a Chinook. Very well made rvs - or were supposed to be. I guess you know as you’ve torn it all apart so what do you think?
monkeyfoot
(03-27-2018, 09:11 AM)Cammalu Wrote: This is where went spent the night - with the door shut of course.  We will be here a few days.
There is one owie on the side and a missing um.... thing around the wheel well I wanted to get fixed.

[Image: 7be76c8cf9b9f2ab34a6a6ccab3ec215.jpg]

My nephew from Mexico highly recommended this shop and is a friend of the owner and, as we were passing through Albuquerque anyway, we decided to stop to get a price.

The owner was so pleasant and the price he gave us so good that John spoke up and asked how much to do the whole thing - paint and all.  The decals are cracked and crappy, the paint old and a past owner had used silicone here and there so the RV does look a bit shabby up close.  

I figured he’d say about a million dollars for all the work but he gave us an unbelievable price that I couldn’t turn down.
He is letting us stay in the camper plugged up for all the body work and we are in his shop over nights.

When he gets ready to paint we will be in the office but apart from that we are home in the rig.
Hi Cammalu,

once again, am totally confused. Blush Would you please kindly help me understand...

> You told me today that you "don't have a van" either; - but obviously you have this wonderful  Cool  RV.

>> Who is John ?

>>> You spend multiple... nights INside a shop ? - I had no idea that one could do that. Course I'm fairly clueless about MOST of what's going on, so Forgive me.

PS: I lived in Albuquerque for over 3 years.
(03-27-2018, 10:57 AM)Cammalu Wrote:
Gary Wrote: the one cammy posted is the same make and model as my rig,70's chevy chinook concourse

You were really lucky to get a Chinook. Very well made rvs - or were supposed to be. I guess you know as you’ve torn it all apart so what do you think?

typical rv crap build material,why i gutted and rebuilt,surprisingly short,18.6 bumper to bumper,shorter than an extended van,dual rear wheel,great on the windy backroads,next to no body lean
yarc stickers
Annie, I have an older RV. I looked at a gazillion before I bought this one (it’s a 2002) but only had 50,000 miles on it. I love the layout and actually have a big closet and more counter space for cooking than any other RV that I’ve seen. My cabinets are solid oak and the rest of everything seems to have been built well.

I did change plenty however and took out the dinette and put in a sofa. I replaced the swivel chair with a recliner. I painted the cabinets and walls and the bathroom. Solar was installed and I added a TV by the bed. I put in a new backsplash and there are probably more little things done. It’s been a work in progress but fun.

Here is a before and after:

[Image: 9ac031aef5c09bbd17e75140a1756786.jpg]

[Image: ce5b90f6be5e4fa70b2400acee4ca370.jpg]

Backsplash:

[Image: 41f3203f5a8ccf04f415d887fd64d0d9.jpg]

I also made curtains.

When I bought it there was an owie where it looked like the previous owner had had a blow out and messed up around the wheel:

[Image: ecffdb39dfbbe012e4d19ecc8db84a10.jpg]

Other than some Leisure Travel Vans that are quality built I just couldn’t find anything better and I looked at new also. I’m VERY pleased with my little B+ RV. It’s 23 foot I think.

John has been my traveling partner for awhile now. He’s better known on here as Gotsmart. I met him when I needed solar and he was the installer.

We are living inside the shop while they are doing the work . Super freaking nice people!

This is a pic from mid day. Stickers are off and that side is mostly sanded down:

[Image: 895f3f8b27ca8214b867092136c94e96.jpg]
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • rvpopeye (03-27-2018), AbuelaLoca (03-28-2018), Texjbird (03-30-2018)
Sounds good Cammie, can't wait to see the finished product.
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ballenxj for this post:
  • Cammalu (03-27-2018)