Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’m not really a big fan of tuna
I'm enjoying the flavor and fiber bulk and heat of the various peppers I've been adding to most every meal, and not missing the hot sauce at all.

The Jalapenoes I have been getting are not ripening to purple vein status, but they are basically being rinsed, dried, and thrown in my fridge and eaten within a few days, so I am perhaps not giving them that chance.

If i want more heat, I add more Habanero pepper, or leave more seeds from all the peppers.

I occassionally splurge on a 'carne asada chips for 2' or 'super nachos' from one specific Mexican eatery here. They have a picante which is very flavorful, very hot and will make the back of my head sweat and drip down my back which no other picante has ever done. That is the only hot sauce I now apply to any meal and I only do it once every 2 weeks or so.

While i've largely stopped drinking beer, I have lost about 15Lbs since my return from the East Coast, where I was a beer swilling steak eating layabout stick and brick dwelling machine. I started the pepper medley cooking just before leaving there and do attribute some of the recent weight loss to bulking up my meals with the peppers, but more to the fact of immersing myself in the Pacific regularly, and not swilling cheap American beer like its my job.

Messages In This Thread
I’m not really a big fan of tuna - by Snikwahjm - 05-28-2019, 10:17 PM
I’m not really a big fan of tuna - by Cammalu - 05-29-2019, 03:57 AM
RE: I’m not really a big fan of tuna - by Queen - 05-29-2019, 06:58 AM
RE: I’m not really a big fan of tuna - by Blacktank - 05-29-2019, 01:30 PM
RE: I’m not really a big fan of tuna - by animalcannibal - 06-04-2019, 10:57 AM
RE: I’m not really a big fan of tuna - by sternwake - 06-04-2019, 01:08 PM