Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tire size 16.5 to 16
I've had Cooper Discoverer AT3's for about 13 months now. in the 30x9.5x15.

The sidewall's 'tread' look a bit different than the pic in your link, but the actual tread looks the same

One of them took a lot of weights on both sides of the rim at the same point, but I get no vibration.

Not too noisy for an AT tire.

I expect mine to age out before the tread gets too low.

Check the DOT date codes on the white lettering side. Mine were all DOT1717, 17th week of 2017
Interesting test drive...
That's the model I'll be getting too.
Not looking good to go with the 85s though , clearance issues (the rear "flares") ,,a little too much OD. (Remove flares ?)
I might even go to 215-75 and maybe 225-75 on the front .
I'm gonna get together with the guy at tire dealer to sus that out.....

I also looked at ,, TH400 tranny , 4.10 Rear , only 28.5" OD ,on my 16.5s so looks like I might benefit from an ODrive and/or a diff pig too.(6mpg) Rolleyes
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
(09-19-2018, 04:23 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: 4.10 Rear , only 28.5" OD

The motorhome wins a drag race!!!!!!!

(09-19-2018, 04:23 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: (6mpg) Rolleyes

Jesus. I'm never disparaging the C van again.
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
(09-19-2018, 04:23 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: Interesting test drive...
That's the model I'll be getting too.
Not looking good to go with the 85s though , clearance issues (the rear "flares") ,,a little too much OD. (Remove flares ?)
I might even go to 215-75 and maybe 225-75 on the front .
I'm gonna get together with the guy at tire dealer to sus that out.....

I also looked at  ,, TH400 tranny , 4.10 Rear , only 28.5" OD ,on my 16.5s so looks like I might benefit from an ODrive and/or a diff pig too.(6mpg) Rolleyes

the 225-75 are more common and cheaper,235 even more so,my current tires are m+s and rock throwers,could hear a few hit the door,not sure if i will need mud flaps or flares,another thing on the list

my current trans is 40 years old and leaking in a couple places,another th350 would be cheap and easy but the th700 with o/d and locking torque converter would make a world of difference on the flat highways but cost about 2x
tires dated 1718
[Image: 9ZWQI71.jpg]

a full 2 inches taller
[Image: 6kxJ9jS.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • rvpopeye (09-25-2018)
southwest wheel company,not going to recommend them,looks good,all american/texas,100 years in business but

i bought wheels from them online,a week after purchase with no email/confirmation/tracking from them i called them,they only had 3 wheels will call me back,nothing,i email nothing,i call again they have 4,they send them to me,i email a couple time asking about the other 2 nothing,called the other day to pissy customer service chick saying they dont have the 2 yet,i ask why they have 10+ listed for sale on ebay and their site,no answer,over a month later still waiting for the 2 wheels,horrible customer service and a company that sells items they dont have

when i got the 4,made in china,not cool,just had them mounted and balanced,2 fine,1 3oz on one side fourth almost got sent back,they remounted the tire and has over 4 oz on one side and 3 on the other

so even if it;s a good ol' american company you can still get chinese crap,might be one of those purchases that a couple years down the road i say screw it and start over,not cool
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh !
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.