Vandweller Forum
Just a guy with a van - Printable Version

+- Vandweller Forum (https://vandwellerforum.com)
+-- Forum: Forum announcements (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome Center (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Just a guy with a van (/thread-4487.html)

Pages: 1 2

Just a guy with a van - FloridaBrian - 02-13-2023

Hey fellow wanderers. My name is Brian, my home base is in Florida, and I've got a van that I'll never be done adding to  Big Grin
I stumbled upon a Truckin' magazine from the mid 70's in my teens, early 00's. Fell in love with the Cragars, VenturiVents, over the top interiors, and knew I'd have a van someday. Well, I don't have a classic, though it's a 2006 so it's getting there in due time lol
I bought my E150 in December of 2019 (terrible time to make any plans, as we noticed a few months later). I wanted something low top, small, that looked like any other van. Stealth was important, until later down the line I added a couple of solar panels on the roof and a MaxFann. Still love my little low top though. 
I didn't actually start throwing things at my van until early last year. I was just using it as a daily driver to get me to and from work, and taking random, spur of the moment trips a few hundred miles out, roughing it in the van, and heading back. 
Still not really done, but since adding the solar, 100ah lithium, small pure sine inverter, 40qt compressor fridge, bed platform, memory foam mattress, and other small odds and ends, I've taken it for a long stretch in the Appalachia region and enjoyed every minute of it. It may not be done, it may not be pretty, but I've gotten by with much less for much longer. 
I'll cut it short because I can ramble for ages. I'm in the process of saving up now, taking off again, and hopefully getting a workamping gig soon. Hope to see y'all on the road. Safe travels.

RE: Just a guy with a van - Riverman - 02-13-2023

Welcome Brian... it's great to have you here with us.

Just a guy with a van - Scott7022 - 02-13-2023

Hey welcome Brian. Close to mine. A 2005.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Just a guy with a van - FloridaBrian - 02-13-2023

(02-13-2023, 04:17 PM)sierra1 Wrote: Hey welcome Brian. Close to mine. A 2005.

I dug through your forum posts and WOW. You’ve done a great job building it out and documenting it. I’ll have to look through it all when I’ve got time.

RE: Just a guy with a van - Kyz - 02-13-2023

Welcome Brian!

Just a guy with a van - Cammalu - 02-13-2023

Hi Brian!

RE: Just a guy with a van - RoamerRV428 - 02-14-2023

Welcome!!!

RE: Just a guy with a van - GypsyDogs - 02-14-2023

Heya Brian.. welcome to the fold. Smile

RE: Just a guy with a van - GotSmart - 02-14-2023

Welcome to the funny farm, Brian.

RE: Just a guy with a van - rvpopeye - 02-14-2023

Welcome aboard Brian. !
I workamped for several years waiting for retirement.
Have you found the Workamper News yet ?
Many different compensation packages out there.
Ask every possible question before you accept a job.
Lots of good people living in RVs , made many lifelong friends among other workampers.
Also ask us anything you need more info about.

(I'm not sure if Got Smart is saying he has a new name for his place or if he means the forum .....either could apply.)