Vandweller Forum
Passenger seat - Printable Version

+- Vandweller Forum (https://vandwellerforum.com)
+-- Forum: Vehicle discussion (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Builds,Modifications and Restorations (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: Passenger seat (/thread-3223.html)

Pages: 1 2

Passenger seat - Snikwahjm - 09-26-2019

No room for a swivel to work in a ford transit connect. what are the pros and cons of turning the passenger seat around? I think it has 4 bolts and some wires. will it no longer set level? Is it a red flag to get me pulled over? The seat does not fold forward or back much. Seat belt won’t work...

RE: Passenger seat - B and C - 09-26-2019

I leave mine turned around all the time. Best seat in the house when camped. Do not turn it around if you plan on carrying passengers and don't have a back seat.

Level? Unless someone chimes in about turning theirs around, there are two possible ways of doing it without an aftermarket mount. Unbolt the base from the floor and turn it around or unbolt the seat from the base and turn it around.

I don't have a transit.

RE: Passenger seat - Snikwahjm - 09-26-2019

It has 4 bolts. There is wire under ther. What do I need to know.

RE: Passenger seat - heron - 09-26-2019

Sleep turned hers around. As long as the wires arent hooked to the seat, just be careful? They aren't, are they? I wouldn't worry about 'em. Is the front pretty level with the back? Sides equal with each other? If it's pretty close, just turn it, and if it's just a bit off side to side or front to back, add some washers. Don't think you need to worry about it. If you can get bolts in on diagonal corners, that'd be plenty to hold it there.

RE: Passenger seat - B and C - 09-26-2019

If the wires run up to the seat, disconnect before moving the seat. You will want to reconnect them once the seat is turned around. These wires are for the passenger air bag and will keep the light on the dash on if it remains disconnected.

There are four bolts that hold the seat base to the floor. These are probably the ones you are seeing. There is also four bolts that hold the seat adjuster to the top of the base. Whichever set of bolts works the best in your situation.

If you are uncomfortable doing this (and it sounds like you are), get someone to help you.

I got the 4 rear seats out... I can get it out.... getting it back???

You can do it! And if it's too awkward, just grab the next strong looking person that passes. How bout that furnace guy?

It has wires under it. I think if I can get all the screws out I can just lift it and rotate it then screw it back down. I might need a folk lift. Yep the furnace guy might help. He has to come back and work on the blower tomorrow any way. $$$$$

Good luck!

I’m not sure how to disconnect the wire but it looks long enough to turn the other direction if I don’t have to move the seat too far.