Vandweller Forum
Launching a side entry Chinook into full time dwelling - Printable Version

+- Vandweller Forum (https://vandwellerforum.com)
+-- Forum: Forum announcements (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome Center (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Launching a side entry Chinook into full time dwelling (/thread-1147.html)

Pages: 1 2

Launching a side entry Chinook into full time dwelling - Hollis87 - 03-30-2018

Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum and am glad you’re all out there!
I’m a 56 year old woman and am losing my affordable housing in the Bay Area. So I got an older Chinook, 1995 Ford E350, Side entry w bed in back and love it! It does have some issues...
I just replaced front passenger break, pads and rotor and need drag link (whatever that is) and ball joint. Expensive stuff. I’m hoping to be able to hang onto my housing until fall, the owner passed away and I have to move but haven’t been given notice as of this time. 
I’m really looking forward to living in my sweet Chinook once it’s all fixed up. 
The interior is immaculate and it has 400watts of solar already installed but needs upgrades on 
controller and inverter and needs better batteries. 

I heard the owner of this list is also redoing a Chinook and would love to be in touch! I’m spending my savings fixing it up and I’m no Mechinic by any means so I have to have others do the work. It’s killing me financially but... it’s gonna be my home so I’m all in!

If anyone knows ethical honest RV Mechinic’s in the East Bay Area of California let me know!!!
Peace & Thanx,
H

RE: Launching a side entry Chinook into full time dwelling - rvpopeye - 03-30-2018

Welcome aboard and nice looking Chinook Cool  !

GARY will probably be in touch soon , the side door will make him sooooooo envious !! Rolleyes

OH , and P.S.
We like pics of rigs , especially the interior !....?

RE: Launching a side entry Chinook into full time dwelling - RepublicOfTXPatriot - 03-30-2018

(03-30-2018, 02:04 PM)Hollis87 Wrote: Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum and am glad you’re all out there!
I’m a 56 year old woman and am losing my affordable housing in the Bay Area. So I got an older Chinook, 1995 Ford E350, Side entry w bed in back and love it! It does have some issues...
I just replaced front passenger break, pads and rotor and need drag link (whatever that is) and ball joint. Expensive stuff. I’m hoping to be able to hang onto my housing until fall, the owner passed away and I have to move but haven’t been given notice as of this time. 
I’m really looking forward to living in my sweet Chinook once it’s all fixed up. 
The interior is immaculate and it has 400watts of solar already installed but needs upgrades on 

I heard the owner of this list is also redoing a Chinook and would love to be in touch! I’m spending my savings fixing it up and I’m no Mechinic by any means so I have to have others do the work. It’s killing me financially but... it’s gonna be my home so I’m all in!

If anyone knows ethical honest RV Mechinic’s in the East Bay Area of California let me know!!!
Peace & Thanx,
H
#1 Welcome to the forum !! 
#2 Awesome to see your getting everything done and escaping the rat race !!
#3 That guy with the Chinook is Gary. 
#4 Is the East bay area near san diego?  I'm a Texan in Louisiana right now. But I know a vandweller that in that area I could check with. 
#5 You have come to the right place !! I'm David. 12 yr nomad in TT working to downsize to shuttle bus this year.

RE: Launching a side entry Chinook into full time dwelling - Ballenxj - 03-30-2018

Welcome to the forums. (Holly?) Once you get those couple items repaired, you will be back to loving life.  Smile

RE: Launching a side entry Chinook into full time dwelling - Hollis87 - 03-30-2018

(03-30-2018, 02:11 PM)RepublicOfTXPatriot Wrote:
(03-30-2018, 02:04 PM)Hollis87 Wrote: Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum and am glad you’re all out there!

Peace & Thanx,
H
#1 Welcome to the forum !! 
#2 Awesome to see your getting everything done and escaping the rat race !!
#3 That guy with the Chinook is Gary. 
#4 Is the East bay area near san diego?  I'm a Texan in Louisiana right now. But I know a vandweller that in that area I could check with. 
#5 You have come to the right place !! I'm David. 12 yr nomad in TT working to downsize to shuttle bus this year.
Bay Area is by San Francisco. Yup where you can’t rent an apartment for under $2500 a month. Most are over $3,200! I’m outta here!
Haha. It Sux.

RE: Launching a side entry Chinook into full time dwelling - RepublicOfTXPatriot - 03-30-2018

(03-30-2018, 02:25 PM)Hollis87 Wrote:
(03-30-2018, 02:11 PM)RepublicOfTXPatriot Wrote:
Bay Area is by San Francisco. Yup where you can’t react an apartment for under $2500 a month. Most are over $3,200! I’m outta here!
Haha. It Sux.
I'll see where he is and if he can help you. If you are planning a new domicile (Resident address) I recommend Texas. As far as taxes , Texas is like #47 from the top taxed states. Texas is pretty darn low.

My nomad friend " Howie Roll" is in San Diego. He plans to travel up that way in the next month. He has no schedule. But keep in touch in the future and if and when he gets close he will probably give you a hand. He has a YT channel by the same name. Networking.

RE: Launching a side entry Chinook into full time dwelling - Blacktank - 03-30-2018

welcome to the site

i would give my kingdom for side entry,here's my 1977 version https://vandwellerforum.com/showthread.php?tid=15

as far as your tie rods,you should feel some play in your steering if they are bad,you dont need an rv mechanic but just a good mechanic,it's the same suspension as a ford van,pretty easy to do those yourself,since you would need an alignment after replacing them the alignment shop might put them on for you

RE: Launching a side entry Chinook into full time dwelling - Hollis87 - 03-30-2018

(03-30-2018, 02:37 PM)Hey RepublicOfTXPatriot Wrote: My nomad friend " Howie Roll" is in San Diego. He plans to travel up that way in the next month. He has no schedule. But keep in touch in the future and if and when he gets close he will probably give you a hand.  He has a YT channel by the same name.  Networking.

Yes please ask him to hook up w me here in this forum!

(03-30-2018, 03:30 PM)Gary Wrote: welcome to the site

i would give my kingdom for side entry,here's my 1977 version https://vandwellerforum.com/showthread.php?tid=15

as far as your tie rods,you should feel some play in your steering if they are bad,you dont need an rv mechanic but just a good mechanic,it's the same suspension as a ford van,pretty easy to do those yourself,since you would need an alignment after replacing them the alignment shop might put them on for you
Dang! That’s old school!  She’s saaaaaa-weeeeet!!!!