Vandweller Forum
Hi - Printable Version

+- Vandweller Forum (https://vandwellerforum.com)
+-- Forum: Forum announcements (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome Center (https://vandwellerforum.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Hi (/thread-1108.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Hi - Snikwahjm - 03-26-2018

We are in Indiana. Homeschool requirements = keeping attendance. You might need to move. My grand kids who home schooled for the first years are at the top of their classes in school. Two had the sense to drop back out and are doing very well. The others aren’t old enough.

RE: Hi - cute Annie - 03-26-2018

(03-26-2018, 11:27 AM)Cammalu Wrote: Annie, do you have a van or RV you are building out?  I can’t recall if you introduced us to your rig.
Are you stationary in one place or traveling?
Did you go to the rtr this year?
What may at first seem like 3 simple questions, can often have complex answers.

1. the van (what's left of it) is a 2004 Honda Odyssey. & Considering
what happened to it, with me IN it at that instant, it is no small miracle either of us are still able to physically... move AND you know Hope springs eternal Smile  
The poor thing will be replaced, prolly with a TT truck.

2. Said minivan transported us up & down the westcoast: replacing an equal happily-serving S-10/mini-truck that
transported us across this beautiful land from Florida to PNW-home 3 times ('84-'04) thru about 14 mostly south states.

3. First became aware of Bob's existence 1-23-18 on U-tube,
while researching DIY Tiny-houses & Greenhouse builds, cheaper than what we currently additionally have.

4. my Heart beloved (initially diagnosed as MS x 13yrs.), was handed last month a 'corrected' ALS diagnosis, they now claim Rolleyes is PLS.
Fortunately he has the Good sense NOT to buy into any of what they insist are "facts", whilst not interested in healing.

Inspite of much more evil that we were dealt, Do I have your permission to continue in this Forum ?

RE: Hi - cute Annie - 03-27-2018

(03-26-2018, 02:54 PM)Snikwahjm Wrote: We are in Indiana. Homeschool requirements = keeping attendance. You might need to move.
My grand kids who home schooled for the first years are at the top of their classes in school.
Two had the sense to drop back out and are doing very well. The others aren’t old enough.
Indiana is 1 of the most liberal https://hslda.org/hs101/IN.aspx? states giving you the greatest freedom to Homeschool.
And in any state "keeping attendance records" is a piece of cake when parents astutely allow children to learn best. Wink
See, your family too knows... It's so easy, I've taught classes to show parents how...

(03-26-2018, 12:49 PM)Rocki5pr Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 05:00 PM)cute Annie Wrote: That, along with 3 other reasons, made me realize "HOMEschooling" was the only viable & intelligent choice. 
yeah, and how did that work out? - Well,
kiddo (along with 70+ other students in my influence) graduated, from college, with highest honors, while yet in their teens.
We will have to agree to disagree on that (at least in the current circumstances); the government has stuck their fingers/nose/??? into it so much with requirements of what MUST be taught when in homeschooling now that American homeschooling is only slightly better than a more "traditional" education.

MUCH more effective and beneficial (and probably closer to what you experienced/influenced), imo, is what is now termed "radical un-schooling", "world-schooling", or "road-schooling" where the student (of whatever age) directs more of what is taught/learned when then a set curriculum that needs to be followed on a specific time frame.
Hi Rock,
True this "the student (of whatever age) directs more of what is taught/learned when" amounts to a happy dance...
Start here https://www.johnholtgws.com/unschooling-children/ See, we learn ALL the time, starting in the womb, an established fact.
iow learning is INnate, it is a Natural ability, & so continues ...
(unless
some fool aka as a "professional" f's it all up, as they do day in & day out. And those fools do try my patience).

True
with the parent supplying
1. own passionate... continual learning - which the child/ren subconsciously Imprint... Example is the foundation.
2. abundant healthy choices: parental love & attention, optimal foods, scholastic development, other friendships,
3. cheerleading child/rens continual own subconscious relationship. This is huge.
4. guiding their explorations in the wider world safely.
etc. Such FREED, empowered, & enabled child/ren's "traditional" test-scores are generally in the 80's, &
were in our group in the 90's easily. Mostly they finished quickly, & bored whispered "what an insult to my basic intelligence". Rolleyes

LOL

(03-25-2018, 12:04 PM)Wabbit Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 09:52 PM)cute Annie Wrote: ... Hopefully you all will be patient... in my language ignorance...

... IF you think my posts in this Welcome thread are bad...
Hi Annie
8 different languages is very impressive! I cat barely manage to communicate in 1!
You don't have language ignorance, whatever is the opposite of that, is what you have.

Also, I don't think your posts are bad, they are fun with everything going on.
I got a Lil loose that night, I was celebrating 7 days of being sober with 1 night of not being sober. 8-)

Let the  Heart  and  Idea  and  Tongue  flourish!
Hi Wabbit,
Glad you found your way back here. Stick around more will ya Cool

re  8 different languages being impressive ? Only so long as you continually practice... them, as is true of most skills. Reading, conversing, teaching etc.
If not, then the more current & present skills fly, while the rest idle, & rust. of Course they can return because that which we once learned, we never really forget.
But the more accurate question is: How motivated Blush is our Wanter ? principally make continual use of only half as I use them to help others.
Yet,
there's also Cultural ignorance which I meant previously. As we develop prenatally, we are Imprinted..., & imprinting continues throughout life.
iow when we are born into & raised in 1 environment, before we then Transfer to another environment, tho we learn to become skilled in succeeding places, it is not naturally the same.
Do you understand the difference ? - I can share in further discussions later.

Take good care of yourself Wabbit Smile

Hi - Cammalu - 03-27-2018

(03-26-2018, 11:44 PM)cute Annie Wrote: Inspite of much more evil that we were dealt, Do I have your permission to continue in this Forum ?

Of course Annie! There is no requirement to own a van here - I don’t have a van myself.

So sorry to hear about your husband and I hope you find a cure.

RE: Hi - Gunny - 03-27-2018

Write what you want and the Devil be damned. We are all-inclusive or my ass would be gone.

Rob

RE: Hi - Snikwahjm - 03-27-2018

Did I mention I homeschooled (started in 1982) my kids in Ohio before the law was changed? We didn’t like that law so we moved to Indiana.

RE: Hi - Scott7022 - 03-28-2018

The one place on the NET where FREE speech is more than just in practice.

Well said Gunny.

RE: Hi - rvpopeye - 03-28-2018

Gunny
You should know by now that we will not let you leave !
Wherever you went , one of us would just drag you back.
(Wouldn't that be something like no man left behind ? I believe you might be familiar with that phrase.?.. Cool )